Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving contacts from broken Nokia

rsilk
1: Seeker

Can anyone advise me on how I could retrieve contacts from a Nokia with a broken screen? - can I download some software onto my computer that can then retrieve contacts from the phone? I have bought a replacement iphone so dont want to pay to get the screen fixed. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

This article from Microsoft Answers might help.  A lot will depend on whether you can start the phone and whether the problem is just that the display is broken or whether there's more to it and the internals aren't working either.   The article does, though, say "With Windows Phone, all your contacts are stored in the cloud.", which is what you want to hear.  Even if you can't access them on the phone, it sounds as though they aren't lost altogether.  The same paragraph provides a link to how to access your contacts in the cloud.

Editewd to add: I've assumed that this is a Windows Phone device.   If it's an older Symbian device, you need Nokia PC Suite and there are various downloads for it.  They're all independent sites, so be careful.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

This article from Microsoft Answers might help.  A lot will depend on whether you can start the phone and whether the problem is just that the display is broken or whether there's more to it and the internals aren't working either.   The article does, though, say "With Windows Phone, all your contacts are stored in the cloud.", which is what you want to hear.  Even if you can't access them on the phone, it sounds as though they aren't lost altogether.  The same paragraph provides a link to how to access your contacts in the cloud.

Editewd to add: I've assumed that this is a Windows Phone device.   If it's an older Symbian device, you need Nokia PC Suite and there are various downloads for it.  They're all independent sites, so be careful.

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Nokia suite for Symbian/asha devices is avaliable officially on this nokia page 

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/nokia-belle-symbian-software-update/

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

linedar11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If you sync contact to Cloud server, the best way is restore from backup, or you can restore from sim card if you store contacts on it before. If you did not create any backup, you can try third-party tool, may be it can help you to recover Android contacts.