cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 MMS issues !! URGENT BIG PROBLEM!!

t_jharper
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had the Nokia Lumia 520 on Vodafone pay as you go for one month now i cannot send or recieve picture messages .

I have tried the following

-Hard reset and manual roam

-Full phone update and restored all settings

-A different sim

-I read that MMS doesnt work on the Nokia Lumias and you need  the APN app that cannot be found in the Nokia store?? .....

-MMS is set up on the online account

-You also cannot see on the Nokia Lumia 520 apns already it doesnt allow you to view them or delete.

-My internet works fine

Why isnt this stated in the instructions you supply in the box??

When we are being told hard reset etc that doesnt work with this issue but wastes time ...

Vodafone need to be made aware of this Nokia Lumia issue.

As the threads on here have that many views and comments this doesnt look good when you are telling customer things that will not work i understand this  normally does fix things with manual roam hard reset etc but not this case. 

As customers are going round and round in circles.

Thank you

34 REPLIES 34

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi t_jharper,

I'm not aware of any generic issues with MMS on PAYG. You can get your MMS settings updated here:smileyhappy:

Alternatively, please text the word 'WEB' to 40127. You may be prompted to save the settings.

Cheers, Ben

This doesnt work ive tried  this 5 times aleady .

WEB to 40127

They come through but this doesnt apply with this phone as other customers have put on other feeds when you search for nokia lumia 520 mms issues etc.

I dont understand how your not aware of this??? As there a lot of feeds on here from vodafone uk customers.

I have already put this on my feed also

-Ive also checked my My Account and its set with no bars ive tried barring and unbarring still doesnt work

-Ive tried the link where you type your number in and then it send you two texts this also doesnt work

-I dont feel its a faulty phone there must be something wrong with the software they have rolled out and because vodafone arent listening to there customers about this matter nokia may not be aware we are having these issues.

-Ive in putted the APNs in manually also

Thanks

Try speaking to Nokia directly.

Ive posted on the nokia forum also but this needs to be looked into as this is not very good if Vodafone are not aware of a issue like said above :smileyembarrassed:

When the forum has more than 5 pages worth of complaints.

I dont normally have any issues and have been with Vodafone for years now.

Thanks

Have they replied to you.

Try phoning Vodafone directly and see what they can do.

I havent called up as normally they will repeat what ive already carried out which makes me angry and wastes my time.

Ive already done there part and researched everything but to be told they are not aware of such issue is remarkable really have you seen all the posts regarding this issue you would think in this world of "Smart phones" it would be very easy to send picture messages which was possible on the most basic phones.

:smileyfrustrated:

Thanks

Rank 1: Guest
t_jharper

The Nokia Lumia 520 MMS issues !! Driving me MadI have had the Nokia Lumia 520 on Vodafone pay as you go for one month now i cannot send or recieve picture messages .

I have tried the following

-Hard reset and manual roam

-Full phone update and restored all settings

-A different sim

-I read that MMS doesnt work on the Nokia Lumias and you need  the APN app that cannot be found in the Nokia store?? .....

-MMS is set up on the online account

-You also cannot see on the Nokia Lumia 520 apns already it doesnt allow you to view them or delete.

-My internet works fine

-Ive checked my online account i have no bard on the mms

-Ive inputted the APNs my self also

Why isnt this stated in the instructions you supply in the box??

When we are being told hard reset etc that doesnt work with this issue but wastes time ...

Vodafone need to be made aware of this Nokia Lumia issue.

As the threads on here have that many views and comments this doesnt look good when you are telling customer things that will not work i understand this  normally does fix things with manual roam hard reset etc but not this case. 

As customers are going round and round in circles.

There is a large issue with this if you read all the post about this issue

Thank you

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi t_jharper

Thanks for letting us know what you've already done.

So we can take a look and see that the settings on your account are correct, contact us here.

DaveCD