Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows 8.1 and Cortana still not available

KevinSpreadbury
2: Seeker

It appears all other networks have rolled this out but not Vodafone!! Microsoft have engaged in a national TV campaign advertising Cortana but Vodafone won't let anyone have it.

I've got the Lumia 1020. Still on Windows 8 and has been since new June 2014. Eveytime I go to check for updates it says no updates available. Why are Vodafone dragging its heels over this? I'm hoping the up date will also cure the deaded Lumia shut down and freeze problem. Can't wait to get rid of the thing and go back to iPhone.

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@KevinSpreadbury wrote:

Why are Vodafone dragging its heels over this? 

If you look on the Microsoft website here it does state that Cyan, which is Windows 8.1, is available for the Lumia 1020 on Vodafone.  The current version is 3051.50009.1424.0006

PWIAC

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Unless you are on the dev preview Cortana is not yet available to UK 1020's

newer handsets suchas the 930 may have her on stock firmware, bit 1020 owners will need to either sign up to the dev previw or wait for denim (prob Jan) to get her

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Two totally different answers here. If Cyan is available for the Vodafone 1020 why can I not download it or not get it to show up in available updates?

SynthFG

Cyan has been available for Vodafone 1020's for months

As confirmed by

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europ...

You should be on firmware version

settings / about / more info

and settings / extras + info should show lumia cyan

If you cannot see Cyan or on an earlier version number  and check for updates shows no updates available 

then download the lumia recovery tool  from

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

and see if that offers you the update

Cortana is not part of this update

She will come to the UK 1020's officially as part of the Denim update

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

dazm33
4: Newbie

Cortana is not available on O2 either for the 1020 that is, However there is a way to get it by changing your location settings to United States, Everything will be the same on your device and you can return back to UK settings if you dont like it there will be a reboot though

madtyke61

I have received an email on my lumia 1520 from microsoft advising me that the denim update is now available for my phone but when I search for the update I'm told my phone software is up to date on Cyan! Is it that Vodafone are holding back the update so depriving us of Cortana and all the other associated software?

SynthFG

Acording to the microsoft availability page linked above none of the UK 1520 variants are yet upgradable to Denim

I'd suggest the microsoft email is in error

sigbar.png