You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
bamber1977

the Nokia N97 IS THE WORST PHONE I'VE EVER OWNED.

i was told this is one of best phone out when i upgraded i was going to leave vodafone was looking at iphone and n97 phone would out do the iphone
i have send this phone back 2 times and its going back in agian
the fauilts i have this phone no signal & freezes etc
how many time do i need to keep put my phone in before i get a replacement :(:smileysad:
Message 1 of 14 (2,705 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Reidar

Hello Muda289 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences with the device so far, there is no given cut of for the number of times a device will be repaired although we strive to resolve any faults as quickly as possible.

I would advise following our repair process again and specifying the issues that are still a problem, as well as posting any technical problems you are still experiencing.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 2 of 14 (2,705 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
ulstersam

Welcome to the long and ever growing list of P****d off N97 owners

See my post http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/69229-n97-gone-back-again/
To err is human, to really screw things up you need a computer!
Message 3 of 14 (2,705 Views)
ulstersam

i was told this is one of best phone out when i upgraded i was going to leave vodafone was looking at iphone and n97 phone would out do the iphone
i have send this phone back 2 times and its going back in agian
the fauilts i have this phone no signal & freezes etc
how many time do i need to keep put my phone in before i get a replacement :(:smileysad:

As for a replacement, you'll only get, like I did, a refurbished handset that some other poor sap has sent back time and time again
Message 4 of 14 (2,705 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
dunkley

TBH I think you would find a generic N97 fine. As usual it seems to be Vodafone messing with the software that causes so many problems in so many phones, and to top it they are the worst at brining out new software releases.

Message 5 of 14 (2,705 Views)
ulstersam

TBH I think you would find a generic N97 fine. As usual it seems to be Vodafone messing with the software that causes so many problems in so many phones, and to top it they are the worst at brining out new software releases.

I would have to disagree with you there, my pal has a SIM Free model bought directly from Nokia and he has had as many problems with his which has no branding etc as I have had with mine.

Message 6 of 14 (2,705 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
gib786

Welcome to the club. Whilst I have only just signed up to this forum, I have owned my ###### poor N97 for a year now. I made the mistake of taking out a 24 month plan for this horrible excuse for a mobile. Over the past 12 months I have learnt to live with constant crashes, reboots and features not working. Its been in for repair to sort out non functioning gps and now its gone and wiped all my messages for no reason. I think I am just going to give up and buy a sim free iphone 4

Message 7 of 14 (2,705 Views)
ulstersam

Well mine was returned today after a week at repair and within twenty minutes of me restoring my contacts and photos, I've already lost internet connection, My191 no longer works, as neither does my email

WHF and I'm doing wrong, I'm sick of this hunk of junk

It will once again be returned for repair
Message 8 of 14 (2,705 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
fivewatt

Well mine was returned today after a week at repair and within twenty minutes of me restoring my contacts and photos, I've already lost internet connection, My191 no longer works, as neither does my email

WHF and I'm doing wrong, I'm sick of this hunk of junk

It will once again be returned for repair

i've just got mine back from repair today lets see how long it lasts !!!!!
Message 9 of 14 (2,705 Views)
fexnok

I´ve sent mine two times and every time gets worse!! Now it freezes all time and some times I can´t even answer a simple call !! When I talk more than 5 mins it restarts itself and now, this is the craziest thing I´ve ever seen, some times displays the number and others displays the contact´s name.

I´m really sick of this phone and worst thing is I have to wait one year more.

We should burn all this devices and release ourselves from this curse!!
Message 10 of 14 (2,705 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey gang,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm truly sorry that you're all having a bad time with your handsets. :(

I'm afraid at this juncture, we can only offer you the repair option.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 11 of 14 (2,705 Views)
ulstersam

Hey gang,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm truly sorry that you're all having a bad time with your handsets. :(

I'm afraid at this juncture, we can only offer you the repair option.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

Thats all very well and good LeeH but what would YOUR reaction be if YOU had to endure the systematic faults and problems that us poor morals have had to put up with?

It seems to me in my humble opinion that once Vodafone and to a greater extent Nokia have got your money then you can go swing in a tree, repairing this handset DOES NOT seem to be the solution, my problems http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/69229-n97-gone-back-again/ just keep coming and getting worse as time goes on

The phone has MAJOR problems and the sooner Nokia and Vodafone understand this and stop brushing under the carpet, the happier customers are going to be.

It would be interesting to hear a few other views on this catastrophe
Message 12 of 14 (2,705 Views)
bamber1977

can you please tell me if is possible to fix a phone in one day i sent my phone way on Monday the 16/08/2010 i received a text message at 12:01 on 17/08/2010 say phone has arrived at the repair centre and other text at 16:53 my phone this on its ways back to me have they looked at my phone or just update the software
Message 13 of 14 (2,705 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Holly

Hi muda289,

The time it takes to fix a phone via repair is completely subjective.

It depends on the make and model of the handset, the fault you are experiencing and also how busy the repair center is.

If its just a software glitch then our engineers could flash the phone and have it back within one day. Best thing to do would wait until your phones back and then assess the repair job.

Thanks

Holly
eForum Team
Message 14 of 14 (2,705 Views)