cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A bit of nostalgia.. phones you're still fond of from years gone by?

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Considering they've now got a social discussion area on the forum figured I might try and start a thread :Smiling:

What old phones do you still have a soft spot for even if you wouldn't be seen dead carrying them down the street anymore?

Sharp GX 25 is still a favourite of mine from late 2004 back when Vodafone still carried Sharp as a manufacturer. There was also a red limited addition Ferarri version. Really sturdy and reliable phone but you had to live with just 3MB internal memory at the time - almost unheard of now. There were lots of shoddy flip phones on the market back then where the connectors weren't secure and the screen would often die a death and lose contact with the battery and keypad - this one never failed

Next up the Sony Ericsson W900i walkman phone. I remember having the white version of this towards the end of 2005, mainly because of the huge amount of internal memory it carried at the time - just short of 500MB with a card slot taking it up to 4GB. Certainly the top Ericsson walkman phone at one point and a bit different with the 'swivel' flip screen. Had Mobile TV as a subscription on my contract with this one (around the time of the big 3G push) although looking back it never really did take off.

Any other mobile memories out there?

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

41 REPLIES 41

Three of my favourite phones which I still use regularly, 8210

nokia-8210.jpg

and the SL32

siemens sl45.jpg

and finally...the 8910

nokia_8910.jpg

cheers

b

Holy moly, after seeing this thread I forgot how many phones I have had!

My favourite was the Nokia 8310, tiny, robust & reliable. At the time vertually everyone I knew had one. I didn't have all the 'bells and whistles' of today's smart phones (but I have a PC for those things!) all I needed was to make calls and text. That and something that could handle my fat derrière sitting on it every now and again! :smileysurprised:

Nokia 8310

LG Optimus 3D :Winking_smiley:

The Nokia 8210... I loved it!! Small sleek candy bar .. Fitted in pocket and battery would last days with tons of use!! When a phone WAS still a phone 

:Smart_Phone: :Smiley_face_with_shades:

Hi there,

I have just bought a car with the entire set up for a Nokia 3310 hands free kit. So rather than removing it all and paying £100+ for a new kit, im looking to buy a 3310 in working order as it would be my work phone number.

Are you wanting to sell the 3310? Or the 3210? i think either would fit.

Kate.

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

nokia-6230i.jpg

My first Network Phone still works and there still selling it 

what about this

old phone.png

you couldnt make phone calls unless you used the headset

From the good old days.

8Hrs standby, 1Hr talk, no text/browsing/camera just a phone.

Motorola 4800X

4800x.jpg

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)

Challenge time: Who can tell me what this is?

The winner gets the immense feeling of satisfaction brought by being right about something :Winking_smiley:

RetiredTom
Ok, it was sold back in 2002, so it's not a recent product. In fact, you wouldn't need one for a modern phone...

JohnA

Yes, it's the snap on communicam camera for the T68i which was the first SE phone. Why have an integrated camera when you can carry around a separate attachment? I think at best it was 0.3MP but you could reduce this to 0.004 MP if 0.3 was too much for you!

The T68i had terrible reception. Pick it up the wrong way and you'd lose signal all together. Of course such things would never happen today....