Off topic

Ask a question:
Highlighted
Topics: 1
Solutions: 0
Accepted Solution

Back up and sync of contacts across multiple devices

[ Edited ]

I want to back up and sync my contacts list from multiple devices ( Windows PC / Laptop / Iphone 6 / Ipod Touch ) in one place.  Can I do this via Vodafone and if so, how ? Any advice welcome...thanks

Message 1 of 5 (11,402 Views)

Accepted Solutions
Topics: 204
Ideas: 24
Solutions: 220

Re: Back up and sync of contacts across multiple devices

One of the easiest ways to accomplish this across multiple Platforms and devices is to use a Google Account.

• Create a Gmail account
  • import all your Contacts into your Google account
  • All platforms and devices offer a "import from Google" option for contacts

Wink.gif

View solution in original position

Message 2 of 5 (18,950 Views)

All Replies
Ideas: 24
Solutions: 220

One of the easiest ways to accomplish this across multiple Platforms and devices is to use a Google Account.

• Create a Gmail account
  • import all your Contacts into your Google account
  • All platforms and devices offer a "import from Google" option for contacts

Wink.gif

Message 2 of 5 (18,951 Views)
Topics: 85
Solutions: 225

You can use Hotmail as well.

Message 3 of 5 (11,385 Views)
Solutions: 624

I use a Hosted Microsoft Exchange Account. This can be accessed using a browser, Outlook on a MAc or PC or most other mail clients and all mobile devices.

Anything done on any device - sending/deleting/reading an email or changing a contact or calendar entry - will automatically be mirrored on all devices. It isn't free but for around £8 a month it's excellent value in my opinion.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 4 of 5 (11,380 Views)
Solutions: 392

[ Edited ]

As well as syncing - I'll second the suggestion to use an online account such as Google - you can back up by using the export option.   On Android devices (I don't know about others), it's in the Contacts app menu and exports your contacts to a vcard file you can import elsewhere, including other devcies and online services.   I do this regularly and keep copies on my pc and two cloud services.  You may have several hundred contacts, so as many backups as you can manage makes a lot of sense.

Android 5 (Lollipop) requires you to add a password, which will limit where you can re-import (it warns you about this), which is a bit of a shame.  Security is a good thing, but I also prefer to decide for myself where I want it.

Message 5 of 5 (11,373 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

Music, TV and Sports
Music, TV and Sports

Enjoy up to 24 months of NOW TV Entertainment Pass, Spotify Premium or Sky Sports Mobile TV with our entertainment packs - free with Red Value bundles.

Relevant Posts