cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can you handle being without your smartphone?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can you handle being without your smartphone?

Apparently we now have a definition for this called - Nomophobia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomophobia

I know if I've ever left home and accidentally left my phone at home I've felt lost most of the day.

It's just not being able to be contacted but the sheer amount of information in the device such as reminders and calendar entries !

Have you ever left yours at home and felt lost without it and perhaps returned to collect it ?

Forgotten to put it on charge overnight and had to wait until it charged up ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
And with different payment options being available from these phones to even having a bus fare pass even the humble wallet and debit cards etc are under threat.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

guinea19833
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
I couldn't be without my mobile phone,I use it not only to keep in contact with family but use it a lot also to listen to music,play games, surf the web and pay bills.its quicker than getting our my laptop and loading it up

redpages

I'm very reliant on it and have used it to replace plenty of products and technology over the years. The other week I was filming a video for work on the other side of the country. All was shot on an iPhone 6 Plus then edited together on the  iMovie app and a couple of third party photography apps while I was sitting in the back of the car on the way home. No need to go back to my iMac. 

There are some projects where you'd absolutely need to use a desktop or a program like Final Cut Pro, but it's always fun to see if you can get everything you need done with a bit of creative thinking solely on the phone itself. 

For entertainment I don't tend to watch TV much anymore either. All of my YouTube subscriptions, Netflix and catch up TV are via the phone. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community