3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,How can I check which network my phone uses ,I hav e the imei number

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Are you able to try a Vodafone sim in it ? Try other network sims too. 

It will refuse the sim if it's not locked to Vodafone. 

It could be unlocked to all networks. 

Are you able to ask the original owner ?

Another option is checkmend 

https://www.checkmend.com/uk

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried checkmend ,prompt answer but not the network used , have no sim , old nokia 5800,not used for some time ,granson whats a cheap phone for school , tried old orange simm ,says puk code required, orange code does not work , new orange sim says  " Locked "

BandOfBrothers

It may just be a case of trying the main uk network SIM cards in it. 

They are available from £1 shops or typically by ordering them online from the networks online home pages. 

The Puk code is if the pin code has been turned on and then Inputted too many times which locks out the SIM card itself. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @jasper162

There is an easier way to find out which network the phone is locked to.

Depending on the phone you are using, I will give the information for Android but basically most phones are similar.

Go to the phone settings by pulling down the notification bar at the top and selecting the tool bar on the right. Go to networks, scroll down to more, click mobile networks, scroll down to access point names and see if there are any APN settings.  There will be APN internet settings preinstalled for the network the phone is locked to.

Hi , Can`t get into settings , I may take a wander round the shops and see what they can do , Cheers , Brian

BandOfBrothers

Hi @jasper162

"Can't get into settings " ?

Which phone are you using ?

Is it password locked to get past the lock screen ?

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @jasper162

Even if the phone is locked to a network, unless there is a screen lock password entered onto the phone, there will be nothing preventing you from accessing the phone settings.

I notice you are using an old Nokia 5800, please see the link below, it has all the information.  To access the settings, please select menu.

Nokia 5800 Microsoft User Guide

As soon as you are able to access the APN internet settings, you will be able to see the network the phone is locked to.