Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Doeas anyone game on 4G

masterdarkjedi
2: Seeker

Just would like to know if anyone uses 4G mobile broadband to game?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi.

I personally don't but I would assume it would possibly chew through quite alot of data allowance depending on the game and if your using further data via using a headset to chat to other gamers. 

Also strength of the 4g signal could dictate if the experience was smooth or not. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Gunner_71
1: Seeker

Yes I game on 4g with a Vodafone pay monthly 50gb data allowance contract. I pay £25 a month. I get up to 50 mbps down and 2.5 upload speed although the average d/l speed is around 30 mbps. As an older gamer (!) I probably play 3 or 4 hours a night 3 or 4times a week with in game chat and have never gone over 7 gb of data a month. I play fifa, gta and wildlands on PS4. We cant get fibre bb where we are and less than a meg upload speed on normal bb meant it was a nightmare with our existing connection, especially as my son is on his Xbox most of the evening. I now use the 4g and he uses the home broadband . The only down sides I have come across is that you will have a NAT 3 connection due to the way the router resolves it's ip addresses, saying that I've never had issues joining games or joining chat. The other thinģ is to remember to disable background downloads as some updates can be 6 or 8 gb and a few of those will take a big chunk out of your allowance. I reconnect to the home broadband and d/l over night.  Hope this helps any questions please ask.

I just connected my XBOX to 4G via tethering and wondered if the NAT type is defaulted to open on a mobile device, as multiplayer requires NAT type Open, as opposed to STRICT.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wwwdesign I believe this varies device to device, what phone are you currently using? 

This thread very outdated back in 2013 when I opened this.

As of now I rather beta test this and try and see the download and upload speed.

Hi Josh, yes Smart N9 Lite.

Yes Smart N9 Huawei

thomadtom
1: Seeker

You can use the bandwidth from WiFi, it is very strong and helps your connection more stable, then proceed to download good games at https://androidrub.com/games to play the best games.

Sprocketer

Sometimes when I am not at home, I play with 4g. It consumes a lot of battery though.  I just wanted to share this, do you know that aside from smartphones and smart TV, there is this newly invented smart toilets https://bestflushingtoilet.org/best-smart-toilet-reviews/? Their features are so amazing, you should check them out!