https://twitter.com/omorley1/status/731110689939587072

Good or Bad?

I think I am in favour at the minute !

19 REPLIES 19

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

With introductions of plane boarding passes and bus passes , cinema tickets and Apple / Samsung Pay on phones etc it's probably a natural progession ,and as long as people take the appropriate steps to safe guard their phones with locks etc then I'm good. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
It's the security thing that would be my concern, people will really need to take phone security very seriously as you could be providing access to your whole life before long.

BandOfBrothers

Agreed !

This is why I have Sim Pin , Lock screen Password and fingerprint recognition and Activation Lock activated. 

And findmyiphone set up to be able to wipe the phone as long as it's still turned on :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

drey_p
16: Advanced member

For me that is a bit too far.  I have always been hesitant about using my phone for payments simply because a mobile phone is quite an attractive device for thieves. But I am really not keen on storing my ID as well as payment cards on the same device which is quite appealling to thieves.

The other issue I have with this is that so many people don't have any security on their phones or have easy to guess pin numbers like 1234.  So to put ID on a device that isn't secure isn't sensible IMO. Not at least until people up the security on their phones and as a result mobile phones become less attractive to thieves. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

People have so much information on their phones nowadays  from all the various in built apps etc a person can come to realise  when they leave it at home ,or worse lose or have it stolen. :Sad_face:

I was hesitant at first with Apple Pay but after educating myself I took the leap. 

Question I have is - If a driver is stopped by the Police and asked to show their Driving License would they accept a person showing it on a Smartphone?

To Add...... As well as all security turned on I wear a Tin Foil Hat too :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

63johnw

I can see your points @drey_p and fully understand. I think I am quite security concious with pins for phone and sim and tracking switched on but I know a lot of people who have very little security.

I keep trying to tell people to have sim pins too but they don't understand that a sim can easily be taken from a phone with a pin and inserted into another device, they think the phone sim protects them ! 😯

jeffkinn
My driving licence is always in my wallet that is always with me. Is that more secure than having it on a phone with the appropriate locks and fingerprint protection?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p

@jeffkinn wrote:
My driving licence is always in my wallet that is always with me. Is that more secure than having it on a phone with the appropriate locks and fingerprint protection?

If I am wearing my tight jeans... yes! LOL

Your phone is more likely to be targeted by thieves than your wallet, simply because it is a quick sale for them - your phone tends to be out and visible more often than your wallet. 

PWIAC

jeffkinn
I'm not sure that the millions of people who'd been pick pocketed would agree and if the phone is visible it's probably in my hand and thus hopefully not easy to snatch.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png