Solution

EU Roaming Charges to be Abolished

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Good news for customers ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34646434

15 REPLIES 15

Did not mean to start this chain of posts. I was just wondering if Vodafone UK were doing the same as Vodafone España and I had missed the announcement.

If they are not then I will start looking at any competitors that may be!!!!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@kp99 wrote:

Iwas just wondering if Vodafone UK were doing the same as Vodafone España and I had missed the announcement.

And as you were told here, Vodafone won't comment on changes to products and services prior to a formal announcement being made.  At this stage there has been no formal announcement. 

PWIAC

@kp99 wrote:

If they are not then I will start looking at any competitors that may be!!!!

Have you looked at 3, they already allow inclusive roaming in most European countries, the USA, and Australia. I left voda after 28 years with them last year, and have been very happy with what they provide, namely good coverage where i need it, and data connections which actually work.

Was with 3 before about 10 years ago and had a nightmare with their Customer services... but will look into it again when able to change again as certainly seems to fit the bill.

Shame as Vodafone Customer service  has been v good...

hrym

I live near Corby.  After the steelworks closed down in the late 1970s, there was plans for a theme park called Wonderworld.   There was a sign in a field announcing "Site for...coming soon".   Every few years, it would fall down and then somtone would come round a prop it back up.   So I get a feeling a deja vu with regard to the end of roaming charges.  Wonderworld never happened, but I'm sure this will, even if it's introduction is fudged and delayed a few more times yet.

I always wondered what would have happened in the event of Scottish independence too.   Mind you, roaming charges would have been the least of the problems challenges.

The news says that changes will be implemented in some 13 months

Read this link

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/27/europe-abolishes-mobile-phone-roaming-charges