Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email from Flypay?

Bingo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I got an email that it said it was from Flypay on my phone about an icloud account.  There was a link in it which I didn't click on I just deleted the email.  I haven't registered with Flypay in fact Ive never heard of it until now.  Why would they be sending me an email then or would it just be a scam?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Sometimes if a person visits a site and inadvertently clicks on something things like this can happen. 

It's good you didn't click on the link. Good move. Never clock in anything not trusted. 

As well as deleting the email I would if this was my situation see if my browser allowed me to choose this as spam and block any further emails. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I will thanks that's good advice.

BandOfBrothers

@Bingo wrote:

I will thanks that's good advice.

You're welcome. 

:Smiling:

Spam or not for its something your not interested in then there's no harm in stopping/ blocking these emails. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks to you all I now know all about Flypay!  Good to know they are legitimate.  The email said something about my icloud account being used (by someone else I think) that's why i was suspicious - Ive not had anything from Apple themselves and I have never looked on the Flypay website until today so definitely hadn't registered. 

Actually I just read the email again and it actually says that my Flypay email address is now my icloud account.  

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Bingo Do you have an Apple account?

A lot of companies now store accounts in the cloud and refer to them as an iCloud account.

If the email was supposedly from Apple I would forwArd it to Apple as a phishing attempt. If it was from Flypay it will be Worth contacting them through their website to ask what this is about. 

Do do not click on the email to reply as it may be a phishing attempt. What do the email headers show as the origin of the email?

Yes I do have an Apple account and the email said it was from Flypay so I will use their official website to let them know.  I will have to check out the email headers as well.

AnnS

Hi @Bingo

Flypay is a legitimate itunes restaurant trusted application to enable iphone users to pay a restaurant bill using the phone. You don't mention what the email contained, itunes could have just been letting customers know about the application.

There is information about the Flypay application available from itunes and the internet.

For the benefit of customers reading this thread, the Flypay information is below.

itunes Flypay

kids

@Bingo It would most likely have been a marketing mail, Flypay is a large reputable company that provides an app similar to Apple or Samsung Pay and also allows PAYG customers to top up through the app.

The iCloud account enable subscribers to manage the payments or top ups on the account.