Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Formula One 2011 Discussion Thread

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)

Morning All,

I don't know about any of you, but I'm starting to get really excited for the new F1 season which is just around the corner!

Forums I've used in the past have always had an F1 thread the members can use to talk about any news, upcoming races and so on, so now we have this off topic section, I thought I'd create one here too!

So, who do you follow and what are your hopes for the coming season?

I'm a die-hard McLaren fan, so am eagerly awaiting the new car launch on 4th February. From what the team were saying when I visited the MTC back in November, this should be a competitive year, so I'm hoping for Lewis to win his second championship.

110 REPLIES 110

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Nice to see Rihanna down in the Mclaren garrage

Like how lewis is showing her around the car. 

RetiredTom
Have they got his car back to the garage then or is it Jenson's?

AnnS

@Nabs wrote:

Nice to see Rihanna down in the Mclaren garrage

Like how lewis is showing her around the car. 

Lewis was asked to say a few words for the BBC but he was too busy ! !

And that was after he showing Rihanna round the car.  Turned it off now we were getting bored with it.

Nabs

Vettel makes a mistake and Buttonwins! amazing race!

thesoupdragon

What an AMAZING finish to the Race!!!  :smileyhappy:

Nabs

Only 4 hours of F1 and ending like that... absolutly fantastic! 

@Tom Nascar still more exciting?

Shame Shumacher never got on the podium thouhg, i think he deserved it.

RetiredTom
NASCAR was a bit dull this week actually- it's shown on different American channels throughout the year, and yesterday's race was the first on TNT- I don't like their coverage.

I kept watching it though as it looked like Montoya was in with a chance of winning his first race on a speedway. Alas, he finished 7th.

Great finish to the F1- guess it goes to show what Lewis was saying before the race, the long 7th gear really gave them an advantage over other cars at speed. Now I'm just cursing the fact that Lewis retired as we could have been looking at a 1-2!

Nabs

Could anybody imagine this man behing the wheel of an F1 car?

Aparently it's going to happen

RetiredTom

Apparently he was talking with Schumacher at some point during the red flag?! Will be interesting to see how he copes.

Similarly, the interesting one is today- Lewis Hamilton is swapping cars with NASCAR's #14, Tony Stewart later today at Watkins Glen "road course" (that's a proper race track to you and I). There's supposed to be video and stuff going on VMM's Facebook page later on, should be interesting!

It will be interesting to see if Ken Block does indeed get to drive in a F1 car if he does it will be a tie up with a F1 team with Ford support for sure as a publicity stunt.....

I am more into Motorcyle racing having competed at club and National level here in the uk and the Isle of Mann, Interestingly I feel the real guys with tallent in F1 have also managed to race bikes as well......John Surtees of course was the only F1 car driver to win not only F1 but at the Isle of Mann TT and also win a  world championship on bikes as well.......Damon Hill used to race a TZ350 Grand Prix bike and won the Champion of Brands Hatch title, and of Course Michael Schumacher raced in the German Superbike Chamionships before an ijury to his back/neck stopped him competing....

And then of course lets not forgot in the reverse role Valentino Rossi's well publised drives in testing where he took Schumachers's previous seasons car and was only a second of of Michael's time at the same circuit and he had only done a few laps of Mugello upto then and Ferrari's test track......he also done a full F1 test with a lot of the current drivers at the time and so insensed Alonso with his speed for Alonso to declare.  "Well if you gave me Rossi's MotoGP bike I could do the same....

Don't think so Alonso racing a bike is a whole different game and you need a feeling for so many different Parrameters and you set the bike more yourself for your natural feel then just wait for some crew to make any electronic adjustments although things are becoming more and more telemetry based...with traction, wheelie, control etc...

Incidently word from the Red Bull camp is Christian Horner is going to rename the Kers system as it rarely works to KIES  :smileyvery-happy: