Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Genuine Apple Repairs

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

There has been a lot of publicity lately about iPhones being bricked by the latest version if iOS if the software detects a repair carried out by a non Apple source.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35502030

I now use Apple products exclusively but this is an absolute disgrace and demonstrates the arrogance at Apple.

As it happens my iMac, that I bought in July, has developed a fault in the screen and is being taken in today for a repair by Currys. V. irritating.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

11 REPLIES 11

Paultuk5668
4: Newbie
I don't think it's entirely due to jail broken iPhones or none generic parts , many have simply bricked or stuck in bootloop or damaged baseband by simply updating.. Hardly a good experience sat watching my iPhone nervously when updating lol

hrym

That's a separate issue from the error code 53 one.  I agree that updates are always a nervous time.   I always try (on Android devices) to give them as much of their resources as possible, specifically, RAM and storage for workspace.   I also always run the process with the charger plugged in as there's no way of monitoring battery level during an update.