Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mast Safety Question

Lockupchap
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We have constructed a new, multi-storey building close to an existing mast which holds a number of mobile telephone antennae. We wish to check that these antennae do not present an unacceptable level of exposure to anyone using or working in or on the new building. Unfortunately it is not possible to tell which network operator runs these antennae, as there are no markers on the antennae or the metal cabinets at ground level.

Please could you provide me with contact details at Vodafone whom I can approach to ask

1. Does Vodafone operate or use this mast?
  2. If it does, can anyone give me technical details (ie number and type of antennae, maximum radiated power, maxium effective radiated power and antenna gain for each antenna?
14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Can you provide your full postcode ?

The forum is owned and also monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so You know they are officially from Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The nearest postcode is B5 7ST, and the OS Grid Ref is 405000 283250

BandOfBrothers

@Lockupchap wrote:

The nearest postcode is B5 7ST, and the OS Grid Ref is 405000 283250

Thank you. 

Im sure the team will be along to help you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Lockupchap

You should be able to get the information you need from the regulator, Ofcom.  If you put your postcode into the Sitefinder Map, you should be able to see which mobile company operates the site.

Please see the link below. 

Ofcom

I've already tried that. OFCOM used to publish a map to show which operators placed equipment on each mast, but unfortuantely the map is no longer available, and in any event OFCOM stopped updating it in 2012. Their website now advises the public to contatc operators, hence this thread.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lockupchap Please can you verify the postcode, or an alternative postcode within the proximity?

hrym

It appears to be a terminated postcode.   Try B15 2TY.

It isn't the equipment at B15 2TY - although after looking at Bingmaps I know there is another mast at that location.

The equipement I'm interested in is in front of the site which used to have the postcode I originally gave, although the pub previously on the site was demolished and the site is now being redeveloped.

I assume the mast doesn't have a postcode, as it doesn't receive post.

Can you identify the mast from the OS grid reference I gave, or is there a map I can use to find out about the equipment attached to it?

The mast at the OS grid point is an EE and 3 mast with Fredo, Pagona, BTS3900A, it's as stereotypical as they get, see here: http://pedroc.co.uk/monopoles.htm or here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcu3d-g-ln8

All masts installed have to meet safety requirements; there are countless masts identical to that deployed around the country, many immediately in dense residential areas.