cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My forum ranking is going the wrong way...

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Can someone take a look at my profile, I had a notification to say my rank had been upgraded but when I checked, it's in fact gone the other way.

So I'm being downgraded for some strange reason. Also my thanks weight has decreased.

#Strange

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi @donnyguy

I'd have preferred to leave this for one of the Vodafone Team to respond, but, given the time at which you've raised the issue, I'd rather not leave you to stew until tomorrow.

You'll find the explanation here. As you'll be aware, the switch to the new forum has had a number of glitches, mostly somewhere between irritating and infuriating, but this one is down-right embarrassing and distressing. I'm very sorry that you have fallen victim to it - please try not to take it amiss.

Annie.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Annie_N

Hi @donnyguy

I'd have preferred to leave this for one of the Vodafone Team to respond, but, given the time at which you've raised the issue, I'd rather not leave you to stew until tomorrow.

You'll find the explanation here. As you'll be aware, the switch to the new forum has had a number of glitches, mostly somewhere between irritating and infuriating, but this one is down-right embarrassing and distressing. I'm very sorry that you have fallen victim to it - please try not to take it amiss.

Annie.

donnyguy

Thanks for the reply Annie! :smileyhappy:

I'm happy you've confirmed that I'm not completely losing the plot as I originally feared.

But it's not affecting my enjoyment of the forum, in fact I think this was the first time I've ever clicked on my own profile and my jaw nearly hit the floor to learn I'd been here the best part of a decade :smileysurprised:

But hey ho, these forum upgrades aren't a bad thing. It was only fairly recently that I have been able to 'thank' other answers. Before then, all references to likes would disappear the moment I logged in. 

donnyguy

Just noticed... my ranking was never fixed! :smileytongue:

Have I been #dissed here?

Danni
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @donnyguy

As per the thread @Annie_N pointed you to, the issue with the ranking is being fixed but the chances of your rank changing again is slim. For some reason the ranking thought some people were higher than they should be so we've put a fix in place and may need to make some minor tweaks but this is likely to reduce ranks rather than push anyone back up. 

It makes it more fun to be able to earn ranks if you're not at the top already :Smiling: