Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My new choice of phone case (of sorts)

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Like many over the years I've invested in all sorts of cases to pouches. For my iPhones I've had the Apple Leather cases, silicone cases, bumpers in both rubber/plastic and metal versions and full body wrap skins. 

Although all have been fine I've always yearned to go naked i.e. caseless, but these phones are slippery suckers to hold.

Especially as I use an iPhone 6 Plus. 

After coming across a YouTube video of a guy who used grip tape on his iPhone I thought I'd look into it. He used black grip tape that he applied from the screen edge across the back of the iPhone to the other screen edge on his iPhone 6. 

I decided to order 'clear' grip tape so it doesn't detract so much from the lines of my iPhone for £2 for a metre strip.

And instead of using one strip as above I cut two thin strips and affixed them to the Lh and Rh edges of the iPhone. My main concern was if they curled away from catching in my shirt pocket. 

No such issues and the added grip is awesome and now I can achieve the no case feel. 

Works for me. :smileyhappy:

image.jpeg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BandOfBrothers

That's a great idea!!

I might pass this on to my son who was complaining his iPhone being very slippy.

:smileyhappy:

BandOfBrothers

Cheers @Mark

I've been looking for alternatives for a long time and came across this on YouTube by a person in the states. Although they were using a grip tape sold for a firearm handle ! 

So far ive had no issues and its steadfast with no curling after having it in my shirt top pocket and a leather belt clip case. 

Happy Days. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.