Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Tech : iPad Pro.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

New Tech : iPad Pro.

This new piece of Tech has been released by  and I'm super excited.

Hopefully I'll be able to visit my local  store soon to have a play with the Demo Models. The videos I've seen certainly make the iPad Pro look to be a good upgrade from my iPad Air. 

The iPad Pro and its Specs look amazing with lots of power under its hood. 

The new accessories namely the apple pencil and the Smart keyboard look to be good supporting pieces of kit looking at the available videos available online albeit a little pricey.

What do you think ? 

Just a larger iPad or shows scope and promise and future proof ?

image.jpeg

Apple Pencil.

image.jpeg

Smart Keyboard. 

image.jpeg

Images courtesy of Google. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

6 REPLIES 6

RyanK92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I must admit I'm quite excited by the iPad Pro! I do love all things Apple but recently I switched my phone to the Galaxy Edge from the iPhone.

My iPad is needing a bit of an upgrade but I have a big trip down under to save up for so it'll need to wait 😛

Price wise, it's kinda what we've all came to expect from Apple.

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for your thoughts RyanK92

A trip to Australia! Exciting times ahead. 

I agree that  products do come at a premium price, however I know I'm not only buying into the product, I'm also buying into Customer service and Customer support.

Something Apple are exemplary in my experience at providing. 

I hope you're finding the switch between handset manufacturer and OS Platform smooth and educational 😎

Current Phone  >

IanWaring
4: Newbie

Pencil is great, although had to order mine on John Lewis Direct in order to get mine before December 14th (earliest date quoted just after receiving my Pro a couple of weeks back). Brilliant with Notability - where you can mix typing, drawing, camera and audio in the same document - and even annotate pics etc with the pen. It's very, very impressive.

Pro Create also impressive as a painting/illustration app.

Smart Keyboard more a 'meh' for me. Most of the time, I leave it folded away. But the pen is a revelation/

BandOfBrothers

@IanWaring wrote:

Pencil is great, although had to order mine on John Lewis Direct in order to get mine before December 14th (earliest date quoted just after receiving my Pro a couple of weeks back). Brilliant with Notability - where you can mix typing, drawing, camera and audio in the same document - and even annotate pics etc with the pen. It's very, very impressive.

Pro Create also impressive as a painting/illustration app.

Smart Keyboard more a 'meh' for me. Most of the time, I leave it folded away. But the pen is a revelation/

Thank you for your input. 

I think the only criticism I've read about the pen is the 'eraser' function or lack of. 

Ive also read that it can take quite a while to charge and it's not brilliant on using and charging it at the same time. 

Im not sure I'll invest in the pen or keyboard but I'm sure looking into acquiring the iPad Pro. 

Current Phone  >

That's a Microsoft winge. The apps have an eraser that applies to what you've just drawn, inserted, written or annotated. Not just a pixel repainter!

Notability is less than £3 and Pro Create less than £7. The former very fast to learn - using it at full flight within 3 minutes of playing with the demo guide.

BandOfBrothers

I've been looking at some of the work posted in a MacRumors thread and it looks awesome. 

Yes the eraser feature has been connected to the Microsoft but that's always going to happen when people are discussing Pro's and Con's of new Hardware and Software. 

Have you drawn anything yet ? I'd love to perhaps see an example of its potential via an upload of a picture in my thread !

No pressure if you'd rather not. 

Current Phone  >