cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

News : Has your iPhone 6/6 Plus been afflicted with 'touch disease.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Has your iPhone 6/6 Plus been afflicted with 'touch disease.'

Source : MobileChoice.

Link > Has-your-iphone-66-plus-been-afflicted-with-touch-disease.

Excerpt from the Link....

"A new 'Touch disease' is affecting a number of iPhones, causing their displays to flicker and turn unresponsive until users subject them to hard reboots.

The issue has been around for a while and despite numerous complaints, Apple doesn't see it as a problem as yet."

My Thoughts.

Ive been using the iPhone 6 Plus for nearly 2 years now thankfully with this issue not presenting itself.    {Touch Wood  :Winking_smiley: }

image.png

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

9 REPLIES 9

Bambla
4: Newbie
Hi Grand Master

I've been experiencing this for a few months now. I turn on my phone and the screen will not work, the home button and volume buttons are fine, just not the screen. I used to have to wait a few minutes before it came back to life. Now I've learned that a good tap to the back of the phone gets it going again. This issue only happened 50% off the time at the moment.

I also get grey lines at the top of the screen.

Before this all happend I got image fade, so if I was in an app like google maps for a while and then went to another app, you would still be able to see the Google app ghosted in the background.

Sadly I've had the phone nearly 2 years so apple won't repair it as I didn't buy it from them and its outside of warrenty and vodafone don't want to know.

Apple said if I brought the phone from them originally and not from vodafone they would have still just replaced it due to the EU consumer 6 year warranty. But vodafone said I would have had to show the fault was with the phone when I brought it which is impossible.

Looks like I'm stuck with a dying phone.

Advice is buy direct with Apple as you have more chance or replacement if you get a fault within 2 years where other sellers Apple will only replace within the first year.

BandOfBrothers

Lol, don't worry that's just the forum rank name. :Smiling:

I'm afraid even if the iPhone was purchased direct from the Apple Store, which I personally do, if it's out of the 12 months manufacturing warranty and no Apple Care+ has been bought they wouldn't repair for free.

Well I suppose if it's on its 13/14th month they may !

The 6 Year Uk Consumer Law directive looks good on paper but I've yet to come across anyone being successful in implementing this ! Link > U.K. Consumer Law.

I have doubts Apple would support a 2 Year iPhone bought direct from them, unless expressly pushed to do so legally  :Sad_face:

It'd be up to the Apple Geniusbar employee / manager looking after you. 

Best case scenario is the out of warranty replacement which they differ to any one no matter where the iPhone was acquired from. 

Apple Link > Warranty / Out of Warranty Repairs.

A good reset option is to hold the power button and home button in together until the Apple Logo appears and let go of both. No data is lost this way. 

Current Phone  >

Bambla
Sorry BandofBrothers, not sure why I called you Grand Master

Bambla
Thanks BandofBrothers lol

I was in apple Friday and I guess it's down to each store, they said they can't offer a two year warranty but in realality they would replace as they want to keep buyers from Apple happy. I did have an issue before with an old iPhone where the volume button stopped and they replaced it in month 14.

But it probably still varies between their stores.

The only positive is that I did learn a lot about the uk consumer law mainly from the guy in apple but soon discovered it's not very good.

Bring on the iPhone 7

I was in the Apple Store a few months ago to get a faulty screen fixed. The genius told me that they will fix faulty devices for 2 years if they are bought directly from Apple, but only for 1 year if they are bought elsewhere.

BandOfBrothers

@Bambla wrote:
Thanks BandofBrothers lol

I was in apple Friday and I guess it's down to each store, they said they can't offer a two year warranty but in realality they would replace as they want to keep buyers from Apple happy. I did have an issue before with an old iPhone where the volume button stopped and they replaced it in month 14.

But it probably still varies between their stores.

The only positive is that I did learn a lot about the uk consumer law mainly from the guy in apple but soon discovered it's not very good.

Bring on the iPhone 7

No worries   :Smiling:

* I'm sure we'll see what the Apple keynote brings in September in regards to the new iPhone(s).  :Winking_smiley:

I passed on the iPhone 6s Plus model as I felt it didn't bring enough to the table to warrant buying it to replace my 6 Plus. 

If the rumours come to fruition we'll possibly see a bump in spec in relation to the A Chip and possible better camera specs and the antenna lines moved from across the back to the top and bottom to mention a few changes. iOS 10 will hopefully bring more too.

I'm not so sure about the chatter of losing the headphone 3.5mm jack. 

If it does not tick my wants and needs boxes then the Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge or Note 7 have. 

Current Phone  >

nikiandemma
7: Helper
7: Helper

My 6 seems unresponsive sometimes when it's locked. I'd press the home button, or the power button and when it finally wakes up it takes a screenshot. Not sure if these sort of things find their way back to Apple via the diagnostic info.

@nikiandemma wrote:

My 6 seems unresponsive sometimes when it's locked. I'd press the home button, or the power button and when it finally wakes up it takes a screenshot. Not sure if these sort of things find their way back to Apple via the diagnostic info.

Have you perhaps tried hooking up to iTunes, create a back up to iTunes and or iCloud and then hit restore. 

When setting it back up choose 'Set up as a new device' to see if the iPhone works ok without your back up. This way you'll know if it's a corrupt back up or not. 

Current Phone  >

@nikiandemma wrote:

You can send feedback as long as it's turned on in the iPhone. 

Another way is via Apple ~ feedback.

Current Phone  >