BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Land Rover smartphone ~2017~

Source : Mobile Choice. 

Coming-soon-a-land-rover-smartphone.

Excerpt from the Link. 

"The automobile giant today announced that it is partnering with electronics major Bullitt Group to develop a smartphone and a host of accessories to go with it.

Land Rover's upcoming smartphone will come with a range of apps suited for those who crave for adventure and outdoor sports."

My opinion. 

The more choice on the Highstreet the better. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

Given the variety and number of strong brands out there, this sounds a bit like reinventing the wheel.   I'm sure there's a market for brand-related devices, but I can't believe it's something that would become mainstream or offer any more functionality than is already available.   TBH, it sounds more tlike marketing.

I had the original Land Rover phone, and whilst it was tough (needed in my job), it's features were even then about 5 years behind unfortunately. Hopefully this new one will be in the spirit of the Land rover Defender and not their more recent move to urban status symbol plastic 4x4 cars. Be great if they bring out a genuine smartphone but which is tough and waterproof like the brand is meant to represent.

hrym

Given that the original Land Rover is some 70 years old, shouldn't the phone be heavy, made of Bakelite and tethered to the wall by a short, cotton-wrapped cord? :smileylol: