Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

On long stay in Canada - Accessing at home services

Christina-Bo
1: Seeker

Being that I must remain on extended stay to help family, I'm peskered with no longer having accessibility to all the services and programs I regularly enjoy when I'm on wi-fi connection. I'm told I can make my tablet access UK sites with the help of a vpn virtual network and I was able to signup for one of these and learn about them here http://vpnpick.com/best-vpn-uk-england/  .. but not all services work.

For example, I signed up for a month at purevpn for that is more than enough time that I require. When connecting to servers located back home, I am able to connect to the majority of sites and my emails no longer constantly lead me to security checks and hoops.  

But sometimes, the sites remain loading and never display, is this common or can it be fixed. It would be helpful if it would work instantly, as I often have to restart the device. It will not give any error, just act as if the connection was down without ever coming to a halt it seems, just blank screens with loading icons. Sites including banking, outlook and a work system that I have to login to every day for reporting and uploading sheets.

1 REPLY 1

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Christina-Bo

Can you confirm that the problems you're facing are happening whilst using your Vodafone mobile data?

We can't guarantee that while you're roaming, you'll be able to connect to sites that are only meant to be accessed in the UK. If you're having trouble with any third parties you're using to create a VPN to access these, you'd need to contact them directly.