cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll discussion - What's the first thing you look for when getting a phone?

JD
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi all

We've just added the poll:

What's the first thing you look for when getting a phone?

- Camera

- Battery

- Price

- OS (Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft, etc)

Personally, the OS (Operating System) is most important to me as I have a lot of apps and have been using the same OS for about 6 years. 

How about you; let me know below :Smiling:

14 REPLIES 14

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Size

The element that persuaded me to churn from Android back to iOS (where I was before I had my first Android device) was the larger iPhone 6 Plus.

After that it's the OS

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Hi JD

OS plays an enormous part for me as most of my gadgets are interconnected via their own Eco System. 

I concur with jeffkinn regarding the screen size of the iPhone 6 Plus for my tired old eyes 😎

If I may add Customer service and Customer support also plays a big part for me. Having confidence in the product and after service. {apologies for going slightly off topic}

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Totally agree that the operating system is No.1 on my list. Second is practicality. I want the iPhone 7 to be smaller the 5S is too large the 6 will see me in court due to it being a tablet not a phone. I will break one every other day. Let's keep phones at a size that will fit in pockets. I simply create a blutooth hotspot for my iPad and network in my phone via wifi. If you have Vodafone euro traveller it costs £3 a day to use your uk allowance. 

BandOfBrothers

Hello @Yiddoboy

Im hoping  cater for both sides by releasing two sizes of iPhone. For me the iPhone 6 Plus caters for my old eyes :smileywink:

One of the most important factors for me is the O.S - so I'm hoping when iOS 10 is eventually introduced in the near future this resolves as many issues as possible people have with the current one. I'm on iOS 9.2 ,and although only aesthetic I'm not keen on the fisher price style colours used. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Its not one thing for me but a general look at various things.

I dont want a phone thats too big to fit in my jeans pocket.

I want a good screen with sufficient memory too.

I like the ability to use an external SD card (not essential if the phone has a big memory).

A good camera with a good flash.

I have mainly had Android devices but not stuck with one manufacturer, I have had a few of windows phones, the Lumia 930 is a tremendous device with the best camera I have ever had on a phone, but it lacks the support for apps.

I had a play with an Iphone 6+ for 2 weeks earlier this year and was very impressed.

I have 10 months to my next upgrade so have plenty time to decide what to get next.

jeffkinn
I have an iPhone 6S plus and it fits in all pockets including jeans and shirts. Size is important to me as I spend a great deal of time staring at the screen. I have spent many years both personally and professional advising people to steer clear of apple products. But I'm now wholly engulfed in the dark side and the truth is that their products are very impressive indeed, remarkably well built, able to do pretty much everything extremely well and Apple has fantastic customer service. Their one downside is price.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw

I am being tempted to the dark side @jeffkinn but as you say it comes down to price with Apple, by the time my next upgrade comes around the 7 will probably be out so there may be a drop for the 6S and +.

They do seem to make excellant quality products.

Lt_Uhura
4: Newbie
It's probably OS for me too together with the size/display screen. It does make a difference having a bigger phone, not just for my eyes but I like a good keyboard as well as I send a lot of emails and long texts. I'm currently using an Xperia Z3, have never been keen on the iPhones though do think Apple products are good as I have a MacBook which I love.

KD

Totally agree. I'm all about the OS with a Mac and Apple TV, I'm iOS all the way.

I do like them to be on the larger side (because I'm blind as a bat :smileylol:) so I'm with you on that too.

@Lt_Uhura I was tempted by the Z3 but I'm super clumsy and that phone is basically frictionless so wouldn't have been a good fit for me! :smileysurprised: Are you rocking a case or are you keeping it au naturale?