Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Port Forwarding Help with Vodafone Router

Ryanhardim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone here know how I can forward a port for all devices connected and not just the individual device? On the Port Mapping tab you can select 'No specific Device', however, it wants you to still put in an IP address which surely it shouldn't need as that is technically choosing a specific device which is contradicting itself? 

Any help is much apprieciated,

--Ryan

5 REPLIES 5

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@Ryanhardim Surely you need to enter an IP address so the router know's where to forward the traffic from that port to?

EDIT: Whats the setup you are trying to achieve?

Quite possibly, I am very new to port forwarding and such so not 100% familiar with the technical aspects of it and such xD 

Basically, my partner and myself are trying to play a video game together, however, we are having trouble joining each other as we both have to have a certain port forwarded for both of our PC's. However, the Router is only allowing me to have it forwarded on one device or the other, not both.

Nabs

I've always been under the impression that a port is forwarded to one particular IP address. I'm not sure there is a way to have it routing to 2 different locations as the router wouldn't know which trafic to put where.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @Ryanhardim

I hope this has been resolved for you, however if you have any further issues please give our Broadband Team a call on 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) and we'll happily look into this for you.

Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Louise

Port forwarding for a game should only be needed for the host / server PC . The other PC should connect to that host pc via internet by connecting to the host PCs IP address . If the port forwarding on the host PC is done correct it should show up in the in game server look up if there is an option on the game to find best ping server it should be your host PC. Hope this helps .