Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem receiving calls from number on ee network

Sburton74
2: Seeker

Hi

Has anyone else experienced problems receiving calls.from.a number on ee? My husband is on that network and today tried calling me for about an hour and kept.getting voicemail but I had four bars of signal....

Thanks

Sam

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sburton74

Have you recently ported to Vodafone yourself ? I've seen posts where a person who has just ported can have such issues. 

Is it possible that either of you have added the mobile number to any call / text blocking facility in either phone ?

If not then sometimes a sim swap can help. Any Vodafone store can do this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Do you have any call blocking set up on your phone?  If you do that could explain why he was only able to get your voicemail

PWIAC

Thanks both.  Surely this would happen all the time and not just for an hour....

BandOfBrothers

If it's just happening intermittently then it could be a glitch or signal loss in your particular area even though yiur showing adequate signal. Remember the Signsl indicator on a phone is an indication and not 100% accurate. 

Link > Vodafone Network Checker.

Or its just been accidentally recently. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

567vicki
Having the exact same problem

Hi @Sburton74

Has this been resolved now?

Hi @567vicki have you checked and tried the steps that BandOfBrothers and drey_p have provided?

Thanks,

Meg-B

Grandad-Joe

Hi Sam

Did you resolve this problem, and if so how?

How my Dad, 'Grandad-Joe' is unable to receive calls from any of his family that are with EE.

EE and Vodafone are each blaming the other, and the shop has said there are no 'blocks' on his phone.

Best wishes, Joanne

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Grandad-Joe, has your dad tried the steps provided by @BandOfBrothers previously?

If so, please let us know how he got on.

donnyguy

Has he ported the number into Vodafone? Or has he been with Vodafone a while and this is something new?