cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Review : 5000mAh Portable External Battery Case For iPhone 6 Plus.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

5000mAh Portable External Battery Case For iPhone 6 Plus Review.

Features :

• 5000mAh 
  •  IC Protection for charging/overcharge/short circuit/discharge
  • Lightweight, compact and easy to carry.
  • LCD Indicator shows power status
  • Independent ON-OFF switch.
  • Acts as a case to protect the iPhone. 
  • Kickstand.

Specifications :

• Lithium-polymer battery
  • Capacity: 5000mAh
  • Output: 5V/1000mA
  • Input: 5V/1000mA
  • Weight: 100g
  • Charging Cycles : x 1000
  • Colour: Black

After using my iPhone 6 Plus quite heavily while commuting and travelling and taking my charger with me to top up the iPhone on train journeys etc I decided to look at alternatives as I prefer to travel lightly.

The case in itself is snug fit and the two pieces fit together very well which at first I was a little concerned with as I didn't want to be faced with the case easily coming apart at the join.

I really like the option of an independent On-Off switch on the front of the case, so I have full control of when I wish to use the power in the cases own battery. The 4 LCD indicators show when it has been fully charged and decreases in LCD Lights lit as the power is being used. When my iPhone was on 5% I turned on the cases battery and it charged my iPhone to 81% which I was pretty impressed with.

The case takes approx 3-4 Hours to fully charge which is accomplished via the lightening cord supplied with the iPhone.

The case itself adds very little extra bulk to the iPhone 6 Plus.

It also adds grip to the iPhone due to the case having a rubbery coating, and goes on to protect it from scratches. How it would stand up to a drop onto the floor I'm not sure of. (touch wood I won't have to find out)

I use a Tempered Glass Screen Protector and the case fits fine with this.

The cut outs provide ample access to the power and volume buttons.

In the past I've had to either restrict my iPhone by switching off features such as 4G etc to conserve power when my battery was running low, or have to find a power point. I now just need to touch the On button on the case and I'm good again. The case will work alongside the iPhone's native battery or help to charge the iPhones battery.

Their is no issue using the Apple EarPods while the case it fitted although those using 3rd party earphones with a right angled 3.5mm jack may find issue with the jack not fitting into the iPhone.

Their is a kickstand on the back of the case which does allow it to be propped up in Landscape mode to watch videos, FaceTime or use as hands free, but is not sturdy enough for example to type on the iPhone to send texts / emails etc.

I choose not to keep the case on all the time as my iPhone 6 Plus can give with moderate use 1 to 1.5 days usage but if I'm commuting and watching films, YouTube and listening to music / having a bash on the Rayman Run Game the battery does deplete quicker, so having this attached certainly is helpful.

I paid £10.00 for the case initially to test out this option and for what this case provides I'm unable at present to find fault with the product.

I hope you enjoyed my review.

image.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers

Update:

I've now been using this for a while and on the whole I'm very happy with it.

The case typically charges my iPhone from 12% to 81% before its battery was exhausted.

The case is standing up very well to wear and tear and the two connection pieces have remained locked, which was an initial concern.

At least I now have no concerns of viewing the YouTube Tech / Unboxings and Blog Videos I like to watch whilst commuting. 

Thank you for reading. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.