cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia Z1 - My experience and review.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sony Xperia Z1 Hands on thoughts and Review.

image.jpg

My very first impressions on removing the handset from the box was that I was very impressed with its sleek design and that it looked like a very solid slab of granite.

The decision of having the power button on the right hand side of this phone is a good idea as this offers ease of access whilst holding the phone the only negative comment is the power button on the Sony Xperia Z1 is so sensitive it is easy to activate the phone accidentally.

The phones build quality is unreservedly solid to the feel and the materials are of high quality.The capacitive touchscreen is very responsive. The Sony Xperia Z1 phone is dust resistant with durable glass on both the front and the rear and is water proof up to 1.5 metres, for up to thirty minutes.

As the phone belonged to a friend I did not test the waterproof claims on this phone. The rubber flaps covering all the various ports did look to confirm that they would do their job as detailed.

There’s a pop up notification on the display that advises the owner to replace the protective flaps when taking it off charge. I once did see Sony public stall set up in my City Centre Shopping Centre and were challenging the public to drop this model of phone into jugs of water. It felt so wrong doing this but after scooping it out it worked just fine.

Specs : Built-in Memory : 16 GB Rear Camera Resolution : 20.7 Megapixel Battery Talk Time : 14 Hour Screen Resolution : 1920 x 1080 Processor Core : Quad-core (4 Core) The phone's dimensions are 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm and its weight is 146 grams (including battery). It comes with a Lithium-ion battery, rated at 2330 mAh.

The phone accepts a Network Micro Sim card. I had no problems Viewing the phones screen whilst indoors and outdoors The Camera features are very comprehensive which was ample for my basic I was very impressed to be supplied a full days usage without having to put the phone on charge.

We all have different usage needs so if I squeeze out a days usage before having to charge then I’m very happy. The status bar at the top of the screen is well arranged and the icons are easy to learn, with the pull down notification screen is handy to check over what is happening with the phone along with various other alerts.

The touch keyboard on the phone is very well spaced out and I found no issue typing text messages etc but I think a person with large fingers may encounter some issue. The music player was more than adequate for my commute to work. I make use of both the Calendar and Notes Applications on any phone heavily and both of these on the Sony Xperia Z1 easily accommodated my needs.

The power management of the phone offers a low battery mode which disables functions to save power. All going towards giving the owner every last minute of usage from the battery.

The Good.

Good solid design. .

Waterproof and dust resistant. With proper use of the rubber flaps.

Powerful Quad-Core Processor.

MicroSD card slot.

Vibrant Screen.

Gaming Experience is powerful.

NFC.

4G

The Not so Good.

Fingerprint magnet.

Non Removable battery.

Do you use this phone ? If so what's your thoughts or are you fortunate to be rocking the Sony Xperia Z2 Z3 etc.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

0 REPLIES 0