cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tech : 1 in 10 UK homes to have VR tech by Christmas, finds research.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

1 in 10 UK homes to have VR tech by Christmas, finds research.

Source : MobileChoice. 

Link > vr-headset-sales-to-double-by-christmas-says-carphone-warehouse-research.

Excerpt from the link...

"Even though the market for premium VR headsets doesn't look very promising in the near future, a recent study claims that the number of households owning VR headsets will double by Christmas.

One in ten UK homes will own virtual reality headsets by Christmas, double the number of homes who own one today."

My Thoughts. 

This type of Tech is now taking off so much now in my opinion. 

So many different Headsets at varying prices making them more affordable and range from top tech filled ones to cardboard options. 

The apps for them are improving and more being added too. 

I had the opportunity to use a demo model in my local Samsung Experience Store and was amazed at the experience. 

IMG_0833.JPG

Image courtesy of Google. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

1 REPLY 1

redpages

The whole VR thing has passed me by to be honest. I think I'm still a bit put off by the last attempt in the early 1990s when you used to get them in games arcades. Also, playing things like 'Doom' used to give me motion sickness and that wasn't even with a headset!

I need to look into it a bit more but will probably wait for a price drop and the headsets to get a little smaller. 

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132945-best-vr-headsets-to-buy-in-2016-whatever-your-budget

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community