Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tech News : Samsung announces the Galaxy S6 Edge+

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Tech News : Samsung announces the Galaxy S6 Edge+.

”Samsung has announced its new Galaxy S6 Edge+, a 5.7-inch dual edged phone which is a larger variant of the popular and revolutionary Galaxy S6 Edge which was launched in March“.

”The Galaxy S6 Edge+ will be avaiable in both 32GB and 64GB variants and you will be able too choose among Gold Platinum, Black Sapphire and other colours. The phone will be available later this month for pre-orders and sales will begin from September 4.“ Source : Mobile Choice.

My Thoughts.

This looks to be a possible next interesting step Samsung are taking from their successful Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge model. The screen size has certainly caught my eye but on the flip side will deter some. The Specs are not that much improved from the Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge but that may have little bearing on the possible interest in this model. Time will tell. I can't wait to have a play with the demo models. 

image.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn

The Note 5 isn't coming to the UK - well not this year at least. So the new S6 will be their larger format flagship phone in the UK.

It looks absolutely gorgeous - I could be tempted.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

After speaking to friends and Colleagues who own the Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge and being fortunate to have toyed with one I was certainly impressed. 

One of the reasons why chose my current phone was because of the screen size for my poor old eyes so the size of this handset certainly is a draw for me.

And to top it off we could be looking at the new service Samsung Pay - Samsung's mobile payment system reported to be released in the UK ' in the near future'

Exciting times ahead 👍

I still find it astonishing when a manufacturer decides to limit where a device is released. This quote about the Note 5 from BBC Tech 

"In a change of strategy, the South Korean firm has no plans at present to release the Note 5 in Europe - a decision it says is purely for marketing reasons."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BandOfBrothers

Looks impressive :Smiling:

It seems like bigger screens are what people want theses days, especially as so many watch TV, films and play video games on them.