cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tech News : Samsung's Galaxy A8 (Sadly Not for the UK)

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Has anyone seen this yet ?

Unfortunately it's not been chosen to be released in the UK (yet,fingers crossed it does)

I cannot understand why manufacturers take this decision sometimes 😒

Source : BBC News http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33539644

"Samsung has unveiled its thinnest smartphone to date.
The Galaxy A8 is 5.9mm (0.23in) thick, making it less than 85% the thickness of Samsung's flagship Galaxy S6 Edge.
Despite this design constraint, engineers have still managed to fit in a relatively high capacity 3,050mAh battery and a 16-megapixel camera - albeit one that protrudes beyond the rest of the case."

"One of the challenges of making a handset as thin as the Galaxy A8 is the need to minimise its risk of bending in the user's pocket.
Samsung has opted for a metal case to aid its rigidity, building on the engineering work it did for last year's original Galaxy Alpha.
The new machine also features:
a fingerprint sensor
a 4G chip
a 5.7in 1080p high-definition screen"

The Specs are pretty high end.

Come on Samsung let us Brits in on these new phones.

😉image.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
I've seen that article. Samsung does this quite a lot. They have a massive range of phones and they are often sold in a specific geographic area. I also read an article a few days ago saying that the Note 5 won't come to Europe right away. I hope that isn't true as I'd like to see one to compare to the next iPhone iteration.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
It does seem the case. 😏

Still can't get my head around why as long as they can operate on our Uk Networks and be supported.

I've had colleagues who have had phones imported because they wanted that particular model !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.