cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tech News : Smartphones may get more secure.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Smartphones set to become more secure.

More recently fingerprint technology has become more evident in the higher end Smartphones such as Samsung's and iPhones.

But with the right kit these can be fooled. No easily but nether less they can.

Now it looks like we are possibly coming into new technology that uses your eyes iris to map the pattern of blood vessels.

The thing about using your eyes for extra security to access your phone is that they’re even more complicated than fingerprints making them impossible to fake.

It's not perfect I submit as you’ll always need to hold your phone up in front of your face / eyes to unlock it.

Android launched face recognition but it apparently could be tricked by a photograph.

Amazon are possibly looking at wanting to use your phones front camera to recognise your ear ! How successful that would be is yet to be seen if it comes to fruition.

Possibly a new way to protect access to your phone is with your heartbeat. Your heart creates a unique rhythm that cannot be faked. All you’d need to do is wear a smartwatch to monitor your heart. The  watch already has this feature. You can even send a heart beating to your own heart rhythm to someone else.

Source of some information from : The Lowdown.

Personally I'm all up for any tech that protects a smartphone and hopefully deters a pickpocket.

I have ->

Sim Pin activated.
Finger Print Access.
4 Digit Pass Lock.
Activation Lock & Find my iPhone Activated.

What do you think ?

What protection do you have activated on your phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

16 REPLIES 16

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Wow @BandOfBrothers your phone must be like Fort Knox.

I have the fingerprint recognition on the iPhone and a mean look in my eye and of course Apple Find my phone too.

I’ve really enjoyed reading this post.:smileyhappy:

Hi,

I was once pick pocketed so I now have all I can activated.

Current Phone  >

That’s not good.

Did you get the phone back?

I don’t blame you for having the phone locked down so much.

Hi

Unfortunately not. 😒

However I used FindMyiPhone to remote wipe and lock it out along with having the imei blacklisted.

Current Phone  >

That’s quick thinking.

The worst I’ve had happen and needed to use the find my phone feature was leaving my phone on a bench in Wrexham outside a university after a roller derby match and then drove home.

It was good for my sanity to keep a track to see if it had been picked up.

Thankfully, I did get my phone back.

That's great news.

Thankfully nowadays most people use iCloud to back up information and use online vaults such as Dropzbox as one example so it's not like the old days of losing your phone which is bad enough but also losing saved pictures ,contacts and calendar / note and reminder information etc.

Thankfully  now have Activation Lock stopping people from inserting their own SIM card into an iPhone.

I've used the tracking feature in FindMyiPhone but only to test it.

Frightening how much we depend on our devices nowadays. 😁

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

I  think a lot people haven't the faintest idea how to secure a smartphone properly. All too often I meet people on here and in real life who haven't got their contacts or photos anywhere other than on their phone. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
Totally agree.

The amount of people who don't know what a Sim Pin is , how to activate it and the advantages of having it activated is eye opening.

Current Phone  >

I won’t lie guys, if my phone did go on a walk about I’d be lost.

I’ll have to back it up sooner rather than later.