cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tech News : This new screen is 25 times thinner than a human hair.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Tech News : This new screen is 25 times thinner than a human hair.

"The new screen, which measures just a few microns thick compared to the 100 microns of a typical human hair, is flexible and uses only a tiny amount of power.

The secret to the flexible new display is that it doesn’t need its own light source.

As there’s no backlight to power, like there is with common LCD screens, the new display doesn’t need a big battery, making it even more suited for use in clothing and mobile devices.

The screen was developed by a team led by Professor Debashis Chanda from the University of Central Florida, who said: "All manmade displays - LCD, LED, CRT - are rigid, brittle and bulky

One of the best things about Chanda’s new technology is that it can be made easily and cheaply using existing technology. That should make it a popular choice in the near future. "-

Source : The Lowdown.

My Thoughts.

This type of technology really excites me in regards to how this can affect the sector and how it can be implemented on phones , tablets and wearables and even applied to other sectors too.

When I see discussion on new technology like this the crux is the cost to make and implement this new technology which normally means we don't see it come to fruition.

This seems different this time due to the piece saying "that it can be made easily and cheaply using existing technology. "

Exciting times hopefully in the near future

image.jpg.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

0 REPLIES 0