Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Technical Contacts for University Research

jhqub
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I am a research student in a UK university and I'm looking to get in touch with someone at vodafone who can talk to me about interfacing with the network on a large-scale (with embedded GPRS/3G data cards) - such as with amazon's whispernet's setup. 

Can any of you point me in the right direction of who I could talk to? 

Many thanks,

John

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jhqub, 

I'm not clear on what you're looking to do so am unsure of who to speak to. 

Could you provide some more information please? 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay,

I am looking to speak to someone who can advise me on how to go about setting up a research network using vodafones infrastructure. I have a number of remote devices which need GPRS as a backup (possibly primary) data-link. 

I could summarise what I am looking for in a letter if I have someone to address it to. I guess this would be some kind of university contact/network R&D type team, even someone involved with the planning/operation of the amazon (kindle) infrastructure which runs on voda.

Any help appreciated :Smiling:

John

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jhqub,

It’s not something that our team would handle but I’d get in touch with our head office to get you to the right department.

James

Danni
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @chintanthapa

I'll pop you a private message. 

Thanks,

Danni 

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

One problem Here is Vodafone has Many layers to them 

They have a Department that Looks after Netwroks and they don't tend to let them out in the wild Much, 

They also have a Tecnical department bassed now Off shore .......cough cough good look with them 

so it will be hard for them to point you in the right direction 

Now they did have a Directors team that if it was for a legit collage/ unitversity they would get in volved 

what your better off doing is 

Put something in writing and ssend it in 

Or email them on the Main site contat section

you never no it might get to the right person