Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text message window

JanM19
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am finding it really frustrating when I key in a text message that the window is so tiny and I can only see around half a dozen words. And because the window is so small it's difficult to scroll up to review the message before sending. Is there a way to make the window larger?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Use a different messaging client - Handcent for instance has a lot more flexibility than the stock android messaging client. You may well be able to change the size of the messaging window there - can't remember offhand.

The beauty of Android is that you do not have to use the apps that come with the phone - try different keyboard, messaging and email apps etc. There are hundreds in the Google Play store.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

More than likely not!  What phone are you using - you've not given us much to work with.

PWIAC

Hi ... It's a Vodafone Smart prime 6 !

drey_p

As it is an Android device, you may be able to change the zoom of the window by using the volume down key but not much else - the window is pretty much set at that size.

PWIAC

Thanks ... And I assumed it would be set but thought I would ask. Volume button didn't help, but thanks anyway 

jeffkinn

Use a different messaging client - Handcent for instance has a lot more flexibility than the stock android messaging client. You may well be able to change the size of the messaging window there - can't remember offhand.

The beauty of Android is that you do not have to use the apps that come with the phone - try different keyboard, messaging and email apps etc. There are hundreds in the Google Play store.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Fantastic. Thank you so much. Have just downloaded the app you suggested. Life changing. Very happy 😀

jeffkinn

@JanM19 wrote:

Fantastic. Thank you so much. Have just downloaded the app you suggested. Life changing. Very happy 😀

If you mean Handcent, take some time to play with it. You can change the look and feel quite a lot. Also, for a small price, you can get a Handcent account and backup your settings, MMSs and SMSs to the Handcent cloud service. I found that to be very useful.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

My daughter has the Microsoft Lumia 435 and that's the same. 

Their isn't a way to enlarge her text box as far as I can see. 

I have fired off some feedback for her. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers
This is the full user manual http://www.vodafone.com/content/dam/group/devices/downloads/smartprime6/VF_895N_UM_EN_20150717.pdf

If you find no help in this then perhaps if convenient visit your most local Vodafone shop whom I'm sure will be able to advise.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.