Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Travel in Thailand / Cambodia

justme100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Not strictly a Vodafone question but @kids  helped me with this before so hoping they are still around.

I am using DTAC tourist sim in Thailand near the Cambodian border in an iphone6.

Everything is working OK except that instead of DTAC I am now seeing Happy as the network. As I am going to be in very remote area in a few days I just watned to ask if anyone knows if I need to buy seperate top ups for Happy as I only have dtac top ups and have not heard of Happy before seeing it pop up on the phone.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@justme100 When you buy DTAC Tourist sim it remains as a Tourist sim for 14 days after which time if becomes 'Happy' which is the DTAC PAYG plan.

As you said in an earlier post you ordered the sim to be collected at the airport the 14 days would have started from the date of your order so now you are 'Happy'.

When you cross over the Cambodian border you will find that 'Happy' disappears and you will see DTAC again.

If you top up in Thai Baht before you enter Cambodia you can use that credit but if you need to top up while in Cambodia the credit dissapears when you reconnect to a Thai signal.

It is always worth topping up in 100Baht increments as every time you top up it extends the validity of the sim for 30 days up to a maximum of 400 days, useful if you are not planning to use the phone for many months. You can also register your sim online so that you can top up in Thai Baht at anytime. If you top up on line while in Cambodia you will not lose that credit when you return to Thailand. The maximum you can top up online using a foreign credit card is 1000Baht a month.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

grolschuk

It looks like Happy is the new branding for the DTAC tourist sim, so no need for a seperate top up, if the current way is working

kids

@justme100 When you buy DTAC Tourist sim it remains as a Tourist sim for 14 days after which time if becomes 'Happy' which is the DTAC PAYG plan.

As you said in an earlier post you ordered the sim to be collected at the airport the 14 days would have started from the date of your order so now you are 'Happy'.

When you cross over the Cambodian border you will find that 'Happy' disappears and you will see DTAC again.

If you top up in Thai Baht before you enter Cambodia you can use that credit but if you need to top up while in Cambodia the credit dissapears when you reconnect to a Thai signal.

It is always worth topping up in 100Baht increments as every time you top up it extends the validity of the sim for 30 days up to a maximum of 400 days, useful if you are not planning to use the phone for many months. You can also register your sim online so that you can top up in Thai Baht at anytime. If you top up on line while in Cambodia you will not lose that credit when you return to Thailand. The maximum you can top up online using a foreign credit card is 1000Baht a month.

Kids, Thanks for the help, everything worked just as you explained, now to see if I can get a  signal at Ankor Wat.