Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlimited Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't Vodafone offer an unlimited data tariff like 3 do?

How can 3 do this? What keeps people with Vodafone?

29 REPLIES 29

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

My thoughts are that the Data Allowance part of a Tariff is the most expensive And Network Intensive use of resources.

Having Unlimited can lead to Network congestion and slow down of speeds due to people intensively using the data and tethering etc. 

Other Networks have also re looked at their policy of Unlimited Data. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mates on 3 are watching films without any restriction. 4g was meant for video streaming. I can't I'm limited on Vodafone.

BandOfBrothers

4G is an implementation of speeds meaning many reasons to different users habits. 

I do agree that more and more emphasis is placed on the importance of how many Gb of Data is in an allowance when a person is seeking an upgrade / new contract or Payg Bundle. 

Im able to use my data allowance very extensively which includes watching you tube videos connected to Tech and Un Boxing and user reviews and some streaming coupled with heavy use online etc. I use approx 4Gb of Data per month. 

That said I prefer not to watch movies on my iPhone even though as it's an iPhone 6 Plus it has a half decent screen size. 

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
3 can do it because they are owned by a Chinese company that is prepared to lose money to attract customers. Other networks don't have that luxury as they have to make a profit. Only 3 offers this benefit.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Giffgaff also offer a tariff with an 'Always On' Data Allowance which comes with T&C.

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

That's an MVNO and not a network operator. Also a very different cost base.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

The math doesn't add up,lose money to gain customers = to lose more money?

jeffkinn
Losing money means investing in the business to gain market share to evolve into profitability further down the line. In other countries 3 has sold to other networks where they didn't see a future. For instance, 3 in Australia was bought by Vodafone. And in the UK Hutchinson Whampoa, who owns 3, are now buying O2.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

So question is simply why do you stay with Vodafone? Surely better deal with 3 !