Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone default on my credit file

jadelovatt27
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have recently applied for a mortgage however unsucessful as vodafone are showing as a default on my credit score. i have seen previous posts where this has been resolved and was wondering if anyone could possibly help me? i am desperate!!!

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @jadelovatt27

This is a help guide I have written which explains which department to ask your case to be referred to - i.e 'Vodafone Credit File Support Team' - and how to add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add notes on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing.

Link > Default-on-your-Credit-File-and How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

A default can only be removed if placed in error. It cannot be removed if you legitimately owed the money. Did you actually owe the money to Vodafone,?

PWIAC

apparantly i had missed payments from august to january, however i hadnt realised and it took them 6 months to inform me by this time it had built up. as soon as i recieved the letter through the post i paid my balance off and re started paying my direct debit. i have had no issues since applying for a mortgage, i am just unhappy that it had taken them 6months to inform me and obviously looks like i have missed payments which could of been avoided if they had informed me sooner. my phone wasnt even disconnected and i was still able to use it to make calls and texts and have use of the internet. with my phone not being cut off i hadnt realised my direct debit hadnt been coming out 

Hi @jadelovatt27

I can see your opinion on this. 

However i I think most people would notice the bill not been taken from their bank account. 

Unfortunately I believe the Default would remain in this case. Do check though that its status has changed from Outstanding to Settled which does look better on your Credit File. 

Current Phone  >

how do i get them to put it as settled?

drey_p

@jadelovatt27 wrote:

The default will remain on your credit file, it is the status that will change from outstanding to settled. It should automatically happen when you pay the outstanding amount.

If this has not happened, you need to call up and ask for the credit file team. They are responsible for dealing with issues like this so should be able to help.

PWIAC

@jadelovatt27 wrote:

Pay it off and then if your credit file does not show as settled then speak with both Vodafone and http://www.experian.co.uk 

Current Phone  >

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@jadelovatt27 Once the balance is paid Vodafone will notify Experian and Experian will (should ) update the file within 28 days.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @jadelovatt27

I understand your frustration at this. 

I am going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise