cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WWDC from Apple Starts Today 8/6/15 to 12/6/15.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Apples WWDC starts Today 8/6/15 and runs until 12/6/15

"Apple Worldwide Developers Conference. June 8-12, San Francisco.

Apple’s renowned developer community will come together at WWDC to learn about the future of iOS and OS X."

Their is an App on the App Store as long as your device is on iOS 8.3.

Exciting times for iDevice owners.

Hopefully we'll hear about iOS 9 and OS X information.

WWDC

image.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

31 REPLIES 31

BandOfBrothers
I've been following blogs etc and it seems little changes are starting to come to light in iOS 9.

Of course these can change from Beta to Beta and may / may not be in the final public release but it's still interesting to see where  is going with this.

 has replaced the Helvetica Nue font used on the iPhone and iPad with the Apple Watch ‘San Francisco’ font in iOS 9.

I think the San Francisco font is an improvement over Helvetica Nue. It is sharper in my opinion and offers much improved visibility. Some think it's too skinny.

I've been able to use this font on my iPhone 6 Plus and am impressed.

As a Battery Saving Mode when the iPhone is faced down on a table, it will then automatically turn off the screen to help conserve battery power. It makes use of ambient light and the proximity sensors.

The Battery Usage can now be found under Settings-> Battery , which was in Settings->General->Usage->Battery Usage.

Also Battery Usage looks to have a new hidden feature.

When you tap on the detail view icon it now displays the amount of on screen time and background time for each app or process. I can see being very helpful when self help troubleshooting which apps are draining battery.

When you set a new lock passcode in iOS 9 you will now need to use a 6-digit passcode instead of usual 4 digit passcode. This I believe will make a passcode a lot harder to hack.

To note it does not force you to change the passcode to a new 6-digit passcode, but if you do try to change it then you will have to use a new 6-digit passcode.

One of the blogs added an Update to this: "You also have the option to continue using a 4-digit numeric code.You get the option when you tap on Password Options."

iOS has a new 30-second option to Auto-Lock your iPhone or iPad which is set via Settings->General->Auto-Lock.

iOS 9 finally allows you to email more than 5 photos at once from the Photos app.

iOS 9 looks to get an all new Settings panel to help customise the touch sensitivity of your iPhone or iPad’s touch screen called Touch accommodations. You can access it by launching the Settings app and navigating to General->Accessibility->Touch Accommodations.This helps if your experiencing issues using the touch screen.

Great respect to the guys and gals Beta testing iOS 9. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
Never put a beta on a primary device. I had the same split screen multi tasking on my Samsung devices 2 years ago.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png