Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whatsapp ending support for Blackberry

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

By the end of the year Whatsapp will no longer work on any Blackberry devices.

These devices still have devoted following but the size of the fan base is dimishing all the time. Here is another nail in the coffin.

Shame - but it is the result of natural selection. iOS and Android are better are more relevant.

Thoughts anyone?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

I also find it a great shame. 

Blackberry like other manufacturers have enjoyed good prosperous times and not so good times. I remember when lots of youngsters chose Blackberries for BBM.

Now Networks seem to be reducing the choices of the Blackberry phones in their choice section.

I've been reading that Blackberry are looking into using Android Os. 

It would be interesting to know how much it was costing Whatsapp to continue support for the App !

How this decision will have on people choosing a Blackberry Handset or not would be interesting to know. 

Personally not having the option of Whatsapp would not be a deal breaker for me. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Not looking into Android - the Priv is an Android phone.

The lack of whatsapp would be a definite deal breaker for me and I started using it on the Blackberry platform, then Android and now iOS. I also have a Whatsapp app for my Mac.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

guinea
4: Newbie
Oh I couldn't live without whatsapp, it's so convenient. If I had a blackberry I would probably get a new phone rather than lose whatsapp.