cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where is the policy of returning a phone that I didn't return?

chloea
1: Seeker

This is the first outrageous case that I have wasted so much time. 

So I upgrade my contract with a new monthly plan by phone which I could get a special offer as I have been a loyal customer of Vodafone. 

I ordered the new plan with new phone by phone call, the delivery was supposed last Friday but Vodafone didn't change my number. So the delivery guy couldn't find the address ( which is super simple to find) so tried to reach out to me by call, but couldn't cuz the mobile number Vodafone put for the delivery didn't exist anymore. 

The delivery brought back my phone to the warehouse and left a note that the phone was retunred, which I didn't refuse to receive or return.

So I contacted Vodafone, then the delivery customer center told me that I can go to any store neayby with my ID to colllect my phone and  said "for a compensation, they will add a 10 pount credit to use for my bill"

As the store closes at 6, I had to use my working hours to visit the store. Anyway I went the store but the store staff confirmed that they cannot handover the phone cuz the order process wasn't completed and asked me to contact vodafone again to complete the process. I didn't know what that means. Just followed what they asked me to do.

I contacted Vodafone again by onlie live chat and while I was in the queue to connect phone call with customer cneter again. I don't know why from 5:30 to almost 7 pm? there was no one answered my call. It's strange.

so I just followed what Live chat guy told me- visit the store again where is opening till 8. So I still had time so I visited another store opening till 8pm. The store manager comfirmed that they cannot hand the phone to me with same reason as previous store.  I was an idiot to trust the call center staff.  But the store staff showed me an sympathy, so I just gave up on getting my phone before the bank holiday which I really needed to get my phone..... 

Waited to finish the holiday and contacted Vodafone 191 again to check it, then the call center staff told me that the phone is still on the way from delivery warehouse to Vodafone and once the phone is back from warehouse, I can place RE-order to get my phone. they said they don't know when the phone will be back from warehouse.  I asked to give me a call back today at 1pm and she promised to update the status. 

But no one called me back today!

So I contacted again and they call center lady told me "the phone is still on the way from delivery warehouse to Vodafone and once the phone is back from warehouse, I can place RE-order to get my phone."

The same answer.

I said " Surely there must be loads of stocks left and why I cannot get one immidiately? 

"It's a policy" . which I have never heard of. she said it's on the website and refused to tell me the exact URL of the policy. I think it's really rude. 

So my question is "where is the policy" ?   I didn't get involved in any returning process. It wasn't my decision at all and the returning was happend by the mistake of Vodafone & Courier service.  Why should I be the victim of this?

Most of all, the people at the call center provided wrong information to make me waste my time. 

no one takes in charge of this case. Just ping pong  and forward this case to anybody on the table of vodafone. 

Can someone please help me how can I report this case to the UK costomer protection or issue ? 

I had some psychological consultation due to work stress and this caused me loads of stress by make me tearing...

What's the return policy that I has never returned?????  Can anyone check the policy ? 

2 REPLIES 2

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I really, really thought that the call centre staff had at last given up directing customers go to a store for something which they know full well the store will not do.  Very disappointing.

Sarah_T
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chloea

This isn't great to hear. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.