Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

diabetes

brianmccusker
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Diabetes type 2. often my numbers are at 14 which is not good. What do i do to get them down quickly apart from spending 30 minutes peddaling furiously on an exercise bike. My friend is type one and after he whacks insulin into his thigh his sugars drop instantly. Could this be safer than having sugar in the blood for protracted periods of time?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

My results show from around 9 to 14.

In type 2 you should be able to control these levels through medication and diet.

Your Dr will be able to amend your tablets or the prescription to help.

Type 1 a person has trouble manufacturing in their blood so need the injections. Again a Dr would look at injection levels.

Also a diabetic check up with the Dr and Diabetic nurse should help to control it too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I'll second what bandofbrothers1 says.  Talk to a medical professional.  Have you been advised to take regular blood sugar readings?  The normal process for controlled type 2 is periodic blood tests that can show your sugar levels over a protracted period and I rather think it's the average that matters.  And watch the sugar and fat levels in what you eat.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Do any of you use any Diabetes apps?

BandOfBrothers
Hey,

Over time I've tried a few apps from  App Store.

Overall they've been pretty useful and provided some good information.

Current Phone  >

hrym

@Gemma wrote:

Hi everyone,

Do any of you use any Diabetes apps?

Just to answer that quickly: my experience isn't directly personal.  Someone I know has Type 2 that's very effectively diet-controlled and doesn't require any self-monitoring.  Am I right in thinking the apps are more aimed at Type 1?

BandOfBrothers

I'm type 2 and use two forms of medication and diet control. The one I've used in the past on my iPhone is

image.jpg

Current Phone  >