cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iOS 9 - 'News App' Not Yet Available in the U.K.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

News App - iOS 9.0

I visited my local  Store in my City Centre and their in-store demo iPhone models running iOS 9.0 have the News App which is not currently launched in the U.K. A really useful app I might suggest. 

Currently the workaround is to change the Region in the iPhone's Settings from U.K to U.S ,but the issue with this is that to use  Pay a person would have to switch back to the U.K Settings and then the News App disappears.    

The Region in the shop demo's were set to the Uk.

Couldn't ask in store as everyone was serving the multitude of customers in connection to the new iPhones launch etc.

I was initially Wondering if they have some form of Special iOS 9.0 ? Or a VPN connected to American Servers - maybe. 

So I decided to contact Apple. 

 Reps Reply. 

"The reason for this is because it is a demo device. The demo devices have the app available because Apple wants for the customers to experience the app however, it is currently not launched as you know.

Many customers go into the Apple Retail Store to look at the iPhones before making the purchase and the demo devices allow them to see what is coming available in those apps."

My Thoughts.

Lets hope some of those trying out the shop iPhone's don't rely on having this particular News App to find it's not available yet. 

Internet chatter suggests it will be introduced in iOS 9.1 which maybe released in late October / November 15. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

0 REPLIES 0