Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iOS 9 -> Initial Thoughts.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

image.jpeg

Since downloading iOS 9 onto my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air on the 16th of September 15 ,I've had a little time to get to know some of the changes. 

iPhone 6 Plus.

I am impressed with the new larger Cards in the App Switcher as this allows a better user experience to see more information. 

The Bsck Button while in Safari etc maybe a small inclusion but it makes using the device so much more pleasant to use. 

I use the Notes App heavily and the new options from creating lists , checklists and if you feel so inclined Sketch only goes to vastly improved the usability. 

Apple have introduced a Content Blocker facility which in my usage vastly improves using Safari. The load up times have been greatly improved. It feels snappier due to the reduced content that's being loaded. 

Ive not used the Low Battery mode as my iPhone 6 Plus gives adequate usage times and it's sat in a Battery Case just incase. Ive yet to really see how iOS 9 has affected my battery usage / standby times but up to now I do see a slight improvement of around 30 minutes extra juice. The new battery information to see what's using how much power I can see being a good self diagnostic tool. 

Siri Pro Active is interesting as you swipe right on your home screen and the apps you've used regularly will be there.

Newstand App has been removed and the App Find My Friends has been added.

The News App has not been released for the UK yet but if you want to try it out just change the region in your phone to US, reboot and it'll be there. 

I've not used Maps so I'm not sure if public transport for the uk has has been added. 

image.jpeg

App Switcher on iPhone. 

iPad Air. 

My iPad Air is working perfectly well with iOS 9 ,but as mine is the original Air I cannot use the Split View feature. 

However the Slide Over option is uber useful allowing me to open a second app without leaving the one I'm in. Picture in Picture is great for when I'm watching a Video as I use another App. Ive not used FaceTime this way yet.

The Keyboard has improved adding more options such as cut / paste and dedicated keys for underline , italics and bold. The option to use a two fingered gesture to turn the keyboard into a trackpad took some getting used to but is now second nature.  The keyboard now showing uppercase and lowercase is a change that was about time. 

Siri overall has improved and the introduction of a new animation to that of the  Watch is nice. 

So far I'm more than impressed with iOS 9 and this update makes the iPhone and iPad Air feel like new devices again. 

image.jpeg

Slide Over view on the iPad Air. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Heads Up :

iOS 9.0.1 has just been released. 

Current Phone  >

iOS 9.0.2 is released. 

What's in -> iOS 9.0.2 & iOS 9.0.1 & iOS 9.0

 Security Updates.

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

Can't keep up with these updates.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

@jeffkinn wrote:

Can't keep up with these updates.

My iPhone 6 Plus is done and currently updating my iPad Air. 

Seems some people are fixated on iOS 9.1 !

I'm awaiting the 'News App' purported to be available in iOS 9.1, as I don't want to change Region to get it as this according to  can mess with  Pay 😏

Current Phone  >

Hi

Heads Up : iOS 9.1 is released by . 

image.png

Current Phone  >