Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ramdom things flashing up, cant do anything on phone

natalie6
1: Seeker

hello, i have a smart ultra 6 , the phone ramdom vibrates, apps keep opening and closing on their own, when i touch an app (for example facebook) it takes a few atempts to open then when it does it goes off, back to home screen . i cant keep an app open. would it be the touch screen not working properly? i cant do anything with the phone. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @natalie6

If this was my situation I would....

1.  Start deleting the most recent Apps to see if it's a rogue App. 
  2. Turn the phone Off and On to soft reboot it. 
  3. Close all the apps down and re launch. 
  4. Make a Back up and perform a Factory reset. 
  5. Check the water sensors in the phone haven't been tripped. They usually turn red. Google to see where they are visible in the phone. Usually in the sim card tray slot. 
  6. Remove any case or stick on screen shield as these can affect screens sometimes. 

I assume no physical drop of the phone has occurred. 

If the above does not apply or helps then if Vodafone supplied the phone then take it into your local Vodafone Highstreet Store where they'll look at it and if necessary send it off to their repair centres. 

Take time and date stamped pictures of the phone to prove it's aesthetic condition before ssending it off and one of it turned on. Ask the employee to note it's condition. Remove the sim card, as card if applicable and battery and back cover if removable. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I'll add one more stage to Lee's sound advice:

If a simple restart doesn't fix it, try clearing the system cache.   With the phone off, press and hold the volume up key, then press the power button until the Android symbol appears.  Release both.   When a menu appears, use the volume keys to navigate to Clear System Cache and then use the power key to select it.  You won't lose anything by doing this.   If the phone doesn't restart by itself, use the restart option on the menu if it's there.  If not, Switch off and restart as normal.