Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please clarify data usage charges

Oilman
4: Newbie
I've got a 750mb data allowance on my iPhone contract. I only had 500mb on my last contract but my old phone did not seem to be so data heavy. I used to use just over 500mb and regularly got charged and extra £5 per month for exceeding that.

It seems every month I seem to now average just over 750mb with the iPhone and get warned then charged an extra £5 each month.

Can it be clarified why when you pay £5 for the next 750/500mb of data it does not carry on to the next month when often I've only used a small amount of the extra data I've paid for?

Surely it's only fair to carry forward data you have paid for?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi nem39esis

Thank you for your post.

It’s not possible to include every charge in our terms and conditions as there are so many services that we offer, however we do provide additional information on our help and support page which can be found here.

This does state that the 500MB are added to your current monthly allowance. The billing for this is the same day as the rest of your services as we only bill you once per month.

I trust this answers your question.

Michelle

View solution in original position

50 REPLIES 50

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

nem39esis wrote:

As asked before, please could vodafone provide a copy of the section of terms and conditions that clearly states that this out of bundle data expires at the end of the monthly billing cycle and that the data cost is for a set amount of MB per month.  I wouold be satisfied if this could simply be proven. Otherwise adjust my bill to reflect the terms.

It does seems to be made clear that the bolt on / add ons are added to your monthly allowance

Our Standard Pack adds another 500MB to your current monthly allowance,

That is only refering to the Standard pack, if you dont buy the standard pack, this is all that is said:

"If you choose not to buy a Standard or Premium Pack, we’ll automatically charge you £5 for 250MB of UK web access as soon as you go over the data allowance already included in your price plan."

It doesnt mention if this is as part of your monthly price plan, if it is per month etc its missleading if it actually means per month and that is my argument. Vodafone should be taking accountability and yet it is still advertised like this.

It brings us back to the point, this statment says that i will be charged £5 for 250mb of web access when i exceed my allowance in my price plan. I still havent recieved anything that clearly states that this (out of bundle) data is on a monthly basis or is part of the monthly billing cycle. It is written to suggest this £5 is for the data amount untill used. Surely if it is stated somehwere someone can simply show me? that is all i want, a definitive answer, is it stated this is per month or not? if so where as im struggling to find anywhere that shows this?

Hi nem39esis

I’ll have a look around on this and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi nem39esis

Thank you for your post.

It’s not possible to include every charge in our terms and conditions as there are so many services that we offer, however we do provide additional information on our help and support page which can be found here.

This does state that the 500MB are added to your current monthly allowance. The billing for this is the same day as the rest of your services as we only bill you once per month.

I trust this answers your question.

Michelle

Darren111
2: Seeker

I have the same problem. I have a 2Gb plan allowance per month and sometimes I will run over this and need to pay for the addition £15 for 1GB extra. If I only use say 200mb of this 1Gb that I paid for at the start of my new 2Gb monthly allowance the extra remain data that I purchased is gone!!!! I have checked the T&C and not clear on this matter, so please don't refer me to them as I know what they say! 

This is such  a rip off and waste of money! 

grolschuk

Going over your plan will extend your montly allowance, so it gets treated the same as your original 2GB but you have paid to make it 3GB this month.

stoney1977
It's an utter joke. Vodafone have changed me an extra £120 this month as they recon my wife who every month since she has had her phone has used between 1 and 2 fab has all of a sudden used 10gb in a week. Then on top of that her usage has dropped back to what it was. After being lied to and an email to the ceo in still being told well you should have monitored it on a account I could not access.

I'm still waiting after the second promis of a manager calling me back but I expect I will not get that call.

One of their staff even told me to stop the direct debit to put the account in arrears.

I can see this going one way as if they don't budge it will be for judge to decide.

I feel your pain I have been without my account also. Now charged over £100 of data to be told I should manage my account better.
Its an utter joke and I'm still waiting for a manager to call me back since last Thursday. Now I'm being told it will be by Tuesday.

Hi @stoney1977

In order to chase this up, Live help will be the fastest way to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jamian

I am still having issues with my online account.
I have not been able to see my bill for months and this is not acceptable.
I'm told by the unhelpful staff I call I have to manage my account on line but still I cannot get access to it.

I have been told my account has been deleted but it when I try to re register it says there is a problam with my account or I have entered the wrong account pin.
I have had the same pin for years and when I call you it works.

I'm now abroad and want to track my usage to avoid a big bill but can't so if I go over any allowances I will not be paying for it as you are not allowing me to view my usage.

Can somebody please do something about this as it has been going on for months.
The service I have had is rubbish and I will not even paying a further penny till I can see my bill.