Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot Tether from LG G3

RegUser9999
3: Seeker

I have a LG G3 phone which is on Android 5.0. I'm on a pay monthly SIM only contract with Vodafone.

When I goto Settings>>Networks>>Tethering & networks, and turn on 'Wi-Fi hotspot', I cannot get an internet connection on any of my other devices. I've tried connecting to my phone from a Windows 10 PC and my Samsung Tablet. I can connect but I can't get onto the internet.

When I go to any website I get a 'DNS lookup failed'.

There is nothing wrong with my tablet or PC as I tried connecting to a friends iPhone and I could pick up a connection and access the internet. When I was on 3 Network with my LG G3 I could successfully tether so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

With vodafone, tethering has never worked for me.

I've checked my phone for software updates but none are available. I am running the latest software.

Any advice, help would be great.

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds potentially like tethering hasn't been activated on your account. Call up customer services on 191 or use LiveChat and they will be able to help get this resolved for you.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @RegUser9999

I'm sure Live Chat or customer service on 191 can check your account. 

Just to note tethering will use the data allowance much faster as a laptop / netbook or tablet access more feature rich content than what a mobile phones does so do please keep an eye on your usage via Myvodafone app / Myvodafone online. And any data monitor that's built in or one that can be downloaded from your particular App Store. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

RegUser9999

Thanks both for the replies.

I called Vodafone and they sent me some new settings to install via text message. After installing them it didn't initially work but when I restarted my phone it tethered successfully.

Thanks for the help.

A

You're welcome:)

Awesome that it's working for you now. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.