Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot send or receive MMS

Kirov1976
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cannot send or receive MMS on a new ZTE F320 phone.

I've been through all the steps listed here http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Messaging/Picture-messaging/915003422/Set-up-your-phone-... , and I've had three lengthy conversations with Vodafone's tech support, none of which has achieved anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

For Mms to work a persons needs to....

Have credit on their phone if on Payg as mms are not part of the text allowance. They are charged for. 

Mobile Data turned on and a good stable 3G connection. 

Apn Settings are correct. I use the ones from GeekSquad Link > Apn Settings.

Their Vodafone Account provisioned for mms which Customer service do. 

Alternatives to mms are....

Whstsapp

Viber.

imessage if using an iPhone to another iPhone. 

Email. 

Other options are available too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Kirov1976

As your service provider, Vodafone will need to provision MMS on your account.

As you will have received the phone from Vodafone, the settings will be preinstalled and will be correct.  If you are on PAYG you need to select pp or for pay monthly, you need to select pay monthly on your phone apn settings.  It is also important to remember that the messages can only be 295kb in size, anything larger will not send.

The following link will help, it has a lot of helpful information.

How do I send picture and video messages?

Thanks, but I've done all of thoses things and followed all the guidance on that link, with no joy.

Vodafone customer services have proved completely unable to help as well. Very frustrating.

AnnS

Hi @Kirov1976

With the phone you are using being a low tech phone, I suspect part of your problem could be the phone capacity or the signal.

As far as signal is concerned, you should be able to receive 3G. If you have 3G reception, you should see 3G on the top of the phone.  The message should still send using GSM but it will be a lot slower.

The best thing to do is to take the phone into a Vodafone Store and let them take a look.  Hopefully, they will be able to see the problem.

Thanks - I appreciate that the phone is low tech, but I do have 3G reception so this shouldn't be the problem.

I guess taking it into a store is the only option given the total uselessness of the online/phone tech support people.

BandOfBrothers

As long as a phone attains 3G and supports Vodafone Apn Settings for mms it does not matter wether it's a flagship model or low end phone. 

As i mentioned I think it's your account thst needs provisioning if your Apn Settings are correct.

A vodafone store can check the settings.

For account assistance in provisioning needs customer service. Ring 191 is my advice and ask specifically for thst. . 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.