Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change Ringtone and Message Alert - Vodafone Smart II

steven01463
2: Seeker

hi guys,

Iv gone it to settings-sound-phone ringtone, there is a list of already installed tones, but I want to use my own MP3 file iv created in adobe audition. Can anyone please help me do this?? same with message alert toooo

steve

9 REPLIES 9

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi steven01463

Welcome to the eForum :Smiling:

Can you try the following?

1. Open the folder where the song you want to set as ringtone is
2. Hold on the song until a shortcut menu pops up
3. Select Use as phone ringtone

Thanks

Sukhi

there is no 'use as phone ringtone option', all i get is rename, delete, share, copy and move!?!?!?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi steven01463,

That's the only option we have looking at the manuals. Can you test a different file type or song for me? Does the option show up then? 

Cheers, Ben

I have tried a wma and other mp3 files, none work so i went back to adobe auditon to see what other file types are available to 'save as', i tried a .pkf and a .aif, neither worked. i dont think the phone even recognised them as music files!!! there is also an m4a file stored on my memory card (not put there by me!) I tried that too, but agian, the 'use as ringtone' option dosnt show up...

do you know what file type the ringtones already on my phone are? and also way to save a song as that file type (preferebly a free option)

steve

Hi steven01463,

Unfortunately I don’t have access to the Smart II in the office however I have managed to get my hands on the Smart 1 to test.

I have transferred an MP3 file to the Smart 1 phone from my Blackberry Curve and have managed to set this as a ringtone.

From what I can see there is 2 ways of doing this.

1. Open the file manager, select memory card, open the file where the song is, log press on the song and select set as phone ringtone.

1. Open settings, sounds, phone ringtone, select the MP3 from the list.

If this doesn’t work, please can you confirm which software you are running by selecting settings, about phone and let me know the Android version and the build number.

James

U have to move your downloaded song into ringtones folder, that is found in File manager. Then you click settings->sound , and you will find it there.

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

as LovedDav has said open up your file manager and pic device storage or sdcard

then look for a Folder called ringtones or media

if you have not got one

Then on the internal sd make a new folder called Media, open that up and make two others called Ringtones and notificantions

Place the ring tone in there, name it something intresting then go to the sound menu and open up the list and it should be in there 

One other trick here is download Google hangouts this creates the ringtones folder for you and you phone will see this as well

EnochNdlovu22
How can I move the download song to ringtone files I have a same problem with Steve

I had the same problem with Smart 6. Eventually downloaded Ringtone Maker app - easy to use, free, and did the job! Vodafone phones may be cheap..... but they're so basic! Sometimes you need a little help!