cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei B593u-12 4G Router - What settings for 4G ?

DaveARoberts
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have bought a refurbished B593u-12 4G router and PAYG SIM with 2Gb data to test the 4G network provision in my home area. I get1 bar registered...

The router has software version V100R001C00SP052.

I am first testing in a higher strength area where I get 4 bars signal.

It connects to vodafone with LTE (which I believe is 4G), but shows up and down link speeds of zero. Unable to connect to the internet through it.

The log shows no errors/info etc, and everything looks good except I cant get data cross the connection.

Trying the SIM in my phone I get a data connection. Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Vodafone at present will not release the settings / configuration they use for their Broadband Connect Router. 

The usual response from vodafone is that they cannot help and advise with devices not purchased from them. 

There maybe specific forums you could also try if no further guidance can be given here. 

Regarding the router your using you may you may have to try a google search as the Apns I'm aware of are for use in phones such as the options in Here. 

I've not used that device but I assume it's unlocked to accept a Vodafone SIM card. You may need a data SIM card similar to the ones Here.

I found something similar such as Huawei-lte-cpe-b593-4g-router-installation-and-firmware-upgrade.

And then there is dongles etc. Setting-up-and-using-your-device/Tablets-dongles-and-mobile-Wi-Fi/52707110/I-ve-just-got-a-new-data-...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @DaveARoberts

The router you have purchased will not have the correct setting for Vodafone UK. 

Providing the device is unlocked from the original foreign network, you can install the correct settings from the link below.

How do I set up my tablet or dongle for internet access?

If you are able to instal the correct settings and software, it should only be necessary to make a connection.

The suggested link was dead, but I found http://apn-settings.com/uk/vodafone-uk-apn-settings/ which was a great help, and then figured how to add the right APN setting in the router. See screenshot.

Thanks for the pointer !

Hi @DaveARoberts

Not Sure which link you found to be " dead " so checked mine and they open as intended. 

Glad to hear you've your now sorted :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

flavialomb
1: Seeker
Hi,
I have bought a router Mi-Fi in Vodafone and I wiuld like to unlock it, what can I do?

BandOfBrothers

HHi,

Look to Unlocking.

If you get stuck Customer services on 191 or Live Chat will be able to help with unlocking a device purchased from Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >