Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS discussion

Is Vodafone's firmware available for download?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker Silver

Does Vodafone release its phones firmware? And if so, where? I own a Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo (890N) and have been searching for its firmware for some time now.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi,

There is some relevant information in this link > Vodafone Firmware Statement.

As they cannot give timeframes its best practice to keep checking the software update section in the phone. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
9 REPLIES

Hi,

There is some relevant information in this link > Vodafone Firmware Statement.

As they cannot give timeframes its best practice to keep checking the software update section in the phone. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
That doesn't answer my question. I meant, is firmware available for download on the internet? As in, the current firmware?
View more options
Oh, and I have read the Firmware Statement.
View more options

To flash a custom rom / firmware onto a phone I would suggest visiting the xda developers site to learn the pro's and con's of doing so. 

Link > xda-developers.com

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
My phone isn't really supported, so I'd have to port everything myself, ergo, I need stock firmware.

Plus, my main usage is for debugging apps. In order to do that, I need device drivers. The ones on the internet only connect as a media device. ADB doesn't see my phone at all.
View more options
Can you at least point me towards the OEM Drivers?
View more options
Ok. It's page does have a link to its source code, except it gives me code for the smart 4 power, which is completely different. If I used it, my phone would be in an unrecoverable state.
View more options

Leppa wrote:
Ok. It's page does have a link to its source code, except it gives me code for the smart 4 power, which is completely different. If I used it, my phone would be in an unrecoverable state.

Hi, its never a good idea to install firmware thats meant for a different device, whilst I cant say for certain it wont work, from reading stuff like this for years you are more likely to brick your phone in my opinion, not a risk I would want to take.

View more options
I meant that the Smart 4 Turbo's page gives me the Smart 4 Powers's code. Why is this?
View more options