Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G3 constantly re-booting after update

Timberflake
3: Seeker
Hi, an update deployed to my LG G3 on Monday morning and ever since then I've had nothing but problems!

Firstly the battery drain was awful, complete discharge in 3 hours virtually idle. I managed to narrow this down to an app causing the problem and once uninstalled the battery was back to normal.

However, that didn't solve the other problem I was having. The phone was randomly re-starting and after uninstalling the app causing the battery issues I thought all was well until last night!

The phone started to constantly re-boot and kept getting stuck in a boot loop, it was an achievement to just get onto the home screen.

I tried changing the battery - no joy. I tried uninstalling all apps, this didn't help, and tried booting in safe mode, again, no luck.

Eventually I became so exasperated I did a factory re-set and for a couple of hours everything seemed stable, until this morning!

The phone is back to constantly re-starting, it's literally unusable and I'm at my wits end! I've tried stopping everything running in the background apart from the essential stuff but this did nothing!

Does anyone have any suggestions of other things I could try?

I got the phone on a Voda contract in August 2014. What's the warranty on LG G3? I've seen it advertised as 2 years in some countries but I've read that the UK is only 1 year?

Really struggling for options here!
9 REPLIES 9

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, you get a two year warranty, I would contact LG direct to see about a repair, the manufacturer has a lot more leway when it comes to repairs, if the phone is damaged in any way Vodafone are not allowed to repair it without repairing the damage first.

Back everything up as the first thing they will probably do is wipe the phone and reinstall the firmware.

Timberflake
Thanks for the response.

I wish I were able to back up! I struggle to even get to the home screen so am resigned to losing everything. Back to Apple I think when I upgrade in a few months

Hi

I would certainly support the advice to approach the manufacturer via their online uk support site. 

The thing I prefer with Apple is that if its in warranty there's no messing around sending it off etc. If warranted they swap it out in store. If out of warranty an express replacement can be bought. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I think the advice I received on here was wrong as the LG website states the warranty on an LG G3 is 12 months not 24.

63johnw

Not according to this here

Well that's not what the LG website says. I'm going to pop into Vodafone and see what my options are.

Same issue with mine, had it since August 2014 and this week it just started hanging on the LG Lifes Good Screen. I tried different batteries including the one from my wifes still working G3 and nothing helped. 

I managed to get into the phone eventually using LG PC Suite and saw there was an M software update. 

As the reliability didn't seem to be possible to be any worse I installed Android M. Since then it has been 99% stuck on boot loop, although I occasionally get in long enough to back up some apps and do a factory reset.

However none of this results in having a phone that is useable in anyway shape or form. Currently having to rely on my old flakey and cracked Galaxy S3 as I need a phone.

The vodafone website definately says there is a 2 yr warranty on non-apple devices so will be contacting them I think.

Phone just back after being repaired under 2 yr Vodafone warranty. They've replaced the motherboard (though possibly just for SD card reader problem) and reflashed the rom as you'd expect. Back down to Lollipop again with no update to Android 6 available, but at least its working (fingers crossed)

CertifiedSammy
1: Seeker

Don't you think the issue with the phone could be hardware related? I experienced same issue and i tried flashing in a new rom. I literally followed all the flashing instructions i could find online but all to no avail.

However, loosening all the screws on the phone and re-screwing them back with emphasizes on the camera region, fixed it.

Credit goes to this page for the information.